Librium Treatment and Rehab
It’s scary to think that a medication that is supposed to help relax the mind can become a dangerously addictive drug, but the reality is that it is very possible. Librium, also known as chlordiazepoxide, is a benzodiazepine that’s used to treat various anxiety disorders, insomnia and assist with alcohol withdrawal. While Librium has several therapeutic benefits, it has the power to become highly addictive if it is misused. Fortunately, The Recovery Village has the necessary means and resources that clients can utilize in order to to live a Librium-free life.
- Intense cravings
- Lack of motivation
- Mixing with other substances to amplify the effect
- Taking larger doses than prescribed
- Continuing use while disregarding the negative side effects (nausea, tremors, vomiting, sweating and increased sensitivity to stimuli)
Clients who choose to participate in inpatient treatment can partake in individual therapy, group therapy and recreational therapy, during their stay. Participating in each of these sessions can help clear the mind of the need for Librium and teach the skills that are needed to fight the urges for the drug.
Outpatient treatment, like inpatient, also has patients participating in individual, group and recreational therapy. The amount of time that a client will have to come in during the week for treatment will be determined based on the severity of the addiction.
After the client is assessed, detoxification begins. At this time the body rids itself of all of the Librium that was consumed. Going through detox is not always the most comfortable process, but it’s important to know that the body is working hard to return to its original state. During detox, a person may deal with withdrawal symptoms like:
Once detox is completed, the treatment team at The Recovery Village will devise a plan to help the client take the skills they have learned through therapy and treatment and apply them to life in back in their community. Aftercare can consist of regular sessions with a therapist or even attending a 12-step program to ensure consistent sobriety.
- Orlando Recovery Center: The Orlando Recovery Center helps individuals recover from addiction, substance use disorders, and other co-occurring disorders. This facility offers inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization and aftercare support.
- Next Generation Village: Located in Sebring, Florida, Next Generation Village focuses mainly on adolescent addiction. This center is for those who want to work toward a drug-free life. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are available.
- Next Step Village: Located in Maitland, Florida, the Next Step Village location helps with transitional living and aftercare services. Outpatient and intensive outpatient programs are available.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, The Recovery Village Columbus provides resources to help with addiction recovery, such as detox programs, inpatient and outpatient treatment, and aftercare.
- The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake: Offering residential treatment, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake in Colorado has different programs to help those looking to enter recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located just outside of Portland, The Recovery Village Ridgefield offers outpatient and aftercare programs to assist individuals who are interested in beginning treatment.
- The Recovery Village: Located in Umatilla, Florida, The Recovery Village is a rehabilitation facility that provides recovery resources for individuals seeking treatment. Inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs are available.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: This center is specifically designed for IAFF members. The IAFF Center of Excellence specializes in helping people with behavioral health issues enter recovery so that they can return to the career that they built their life around. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this center.
If you’re unsure of the level of your coverage, it is recommended that you call your insurance provider to find out the details. Alternatively, associates at The Recovery Village can call your insurance company to determine your coverage and then find the most financially feasible treatment plan for you. Our associates are extremely experienced and have great working relationships with a variety of different insurance companies. All calls are free and confidential. Begin your path toward recovery, today.
Medical Disclaimer: The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with a substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider.
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak to an Intake Coordinator now.352.771.2700