Ketamine is a powerful drug used as an anesthetic in medical and hospital settings. Ketamine is also misused recreationally. When someone uses ketamine, the effects are similar to the drug PCP. Ketamine misuse is common in club and party environments because it’s a hallucinogenic. When people use ketamine, they often experience euphoria and out-of-body experiences. Other people say it makes them feel completely detached from reality. It can make people feel numb or paralyzed also. Ketamine has a lot of unpredictable effects, and it’s easy to overdose on the drug, even when using a small amount. Ketamine also has dissociative effects. Ketamine can make changes in the brain, leading to the development of an addiction.
While addiction is possible with ketamine, it may have different side effects than other addictions. For example, ketamine can change cognitive function and create strong cravings that lead a person to continue using it even when there are negative side effects. Some people may believe quitting ketamine is easy, but it’s often not. Quitting ketamine can be particularly difficult for someone who’s a long-term taker of the drug. When someone is addicted to ketamine, it’s important they seek addiction treatment. Ketamine treatment centers can first provide a medical detox, which can help people go through withdrawal from ketamine safely.
Ketamine treatment should have some of the components of any other addiction treatment program. Ketamine treatment should also focus on the psychological symptoms of the drug. For example, people who are long-term ketamine takers may have ongoing cognitive side effects, paranoia and even psychosis. These issues need to be dealt with in ketamine treatment programs.
Ketamine addiction treatment should also focus on underlying mental health issues that might have led someone to use the drug in the first place. For example, someone with depression or anxiety could use ketamine as a way to self-medicate. Effective ketamine addiction treatment requires not only focusing on the addiction but also the mental health of the person. Certain factors can play a role in the specific ketamine addiction treatment a person might require. Some of these factors include the severity of drug use, whether the person is also addicted to other substances and whether or not the individual has tried other treatment programs previously.
People tend to avoid seeking treatment for addiction because they’re worried about the cost. While the ketamine treatment cost can vary significantly, there are many options available and also ways to pay for addiction treatment. There are free programs available, all the way up to luxury addiction treatment programs that can cost thousands of dollars a day. With that being said, many insurance plans will cover some or all of the ketamine treatment cost. If that’s not an option, a lot of treatment centers will also offer financial aid and resources to help people pay for this essential care.
Ketamine rehab and addiction treatment can include any number of different treatment techniques and therapies. For example, ketamine rehab may include individual or group therapy or a combination of both. Family therapy is also part of many addiction treatment programs. Specific therapy approaches are most often cognitive behavioral therapy, but dialectical behavioral therapy is another option. Patients work on strategies to help them prevent recurrence of use, and they may receive education based on 12-step programs. Medication management is part of most ketamine rehab programs as well. While the overall objective of any ketamine rehab program is to help people stop compulsively seeking and using drugs, they do so in different ways. Ketamine rehab can also occur in different settings, and it can last for different periods of time.
Ketamine Rehab Facilities
Ketamine rehab facilities can be short- and long-term residential treatment or outpatient. A long-term residential treatment program lasts for many months and sometimes longer. These intensive programs are usually for people who have been unsuccessful with previous addiction treatment programs. Short-term residential treatment can last for a few weeks up to 90 days. In both short- and long-term residential treatment, patients live in the facility, and their focus is completely on recovery. An outpatient ketamine rehab allows the individual to stay home and continue meeting other responsibilities while receiving treatment. Deciding which of the ketamine rehab options is right can depend on the individual and complicating factors detailed above, such as simultaneous addictions and co-occurring mental health disorders.
To learn more about addiction treatment, contact our team of intake and recovery specialists today.
Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.