Belbuca is a potent around-the-clock pain medication. The active ingredient in Belbuca is buprenorphine. Before the approval of Belbuca, buprenorphine was known primarily as a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid dependence and addiction. Buprenorphine can be used to help people who are dependent on opioids because it can stop withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. Despite the use of buprenorphine as a MAT, it can on its own be addictive, which is the case with several medications used in opioid addiction treatment. Regardless of whether someone uses Belbuca for pain and becomes addicted or it’s used as a MAT, treatment may be needed. Belbuca has milder effects than some other opioids, but it can still trigger a euphoric response that leads to the development of addiction. If someone requires treatment for Belbuca addiction symptoms, there are specific options available. First, most opioid treatment programs should start with a medical detox. Beyond that, there are choices, such as inpatient or outpatient rehab. There are more specific categories within those treatment options, such as intensive outpatient treatment or extended residential programs.
With opioids like Belbuca, a medical detox is often required as the first step of treatment. A detox program isn’t itself treatment, but it’s rather a necessary step for treatment to begin. During a Belbuca medical detox, the patient has constant medical supervision. This is important to prevent physical complications from withdrawal. Medical detox can also help patients be more comfortable, increasing the likelihood they’ll be able to move into addiction treatment successfully. During medical detox, medical providers can give certain medications and treatments to ease withdrawal symptoms. During this time patients can also be evaluated regarding physical and mental health, aside from just addiction. If someone goes to a standalone detox program, they will then be referred to an addiction treatment center in most cases. The better option for a lot of people is to choose a Belbuca medical detox that’s part of a comprehensive rehab so that they can stay within the same program.
Some of the things that can differentiate Belbuca rehabilitation programs from one another include location, duration of the program, therapy approach and whether care is inpatient or outpatient. Regardless of the distinctions between individual programs, some core concepts should remain consistent. Drug addiction treatment should help people stop their compulsive use of Belbuca, and any other substances they may be addicted to. Belbuca rehabilitation programs need to follow best practices for opioid addiction because this is a powerful drug class. Belbuca rehab programs should also consider the needs of the whole person while they’re in treatment. For example, along with therapies focused on addiction, there needs to be consideration of the physical, mental and social elements of the person’s life. Addiction is a complex disease affecting the brain, the body and the life of the person struggling with it, and this complexity should be thoroughly addressed during rehab.
Opioid addiction can be extremely difficult to recover from without the appropriate rehab care. Inpatient Belbuca rehab is often the optimal setting for people who struggle with this drug or other opioids. Inpatient rehab, also called residential treatment, offers supervision, structure and monitoring. An inpatient Belbuca rehab will usually include around-the-clock nursing staff, medication management for patients requiring it and a team of addiction and mental health professionals. Many people who struggle with Belbuca or other opioids do well in a structured and supervised environment, particularly in the initial days of their treatment. An inpatient Belbuca rehab can reduce the chances of an overdose. It also allows patients to leave the environment where they were using drugs and feel as if they have a fresh start. An inpatient rehab includes the support of not only the onsite staff but other patients. These programs tend to have supplemental therapies that are part of patient’s time there as well. A strong inpatient Belbuca rehab program will look not just at the patient’s addiction but who they are as a person. The goal of an inpatient Belbuca rehab is to help people not just stop using drugs but return to their families and their lives as contributing, productive individuals. Some elements of an inpatient Belbuca rehab may include:
- Medical supervision
- Diagnosis and treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Medication management
- Healthy meals that aid in recovery and improving overall health
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Alternative therapies like yoga or meditation
- Aftercare planning
Outpatient Belbuca rehab offers many of the elements of inpatient treatment, without the residential component. Of course, this means there isn’t the structure and monitoring of an inpatient rehab as well. Outpatient Belbuca rehab tends to include therapy, such as a combination of group and individual sessions. Along with the non-residential aspect of outpatient drug treatment, participants also continue living their daily lives. For example, someone will work and go about their lives, and then participate in a set number of weekly treatment sessions as part of most outpatient rehabs. When necessary, an outpatient rehab can also include psychiatric care for co-occurring mental health disorders. Outpatient Belbuca rehab may be something that stands on its own as a treatment, or it might be included as part of a larger treatment plan. For example, aftercare planning following inpatient rehab might then include participation in outpatient treatment.
Choosing a Belbuca rehab center can be difficult. There are options throughout the country that treat opioid addiction and dependence, but they’re not all going to be well-suited to an individual’s needs. Some things to think about when choosing a Belbuca rehab center include:
- How long does the program last?
- Where is the program located—would it be better for the person struggling with addiction to leave their current environment?
- What kinds of therapies are used? Is there a combination of approaches?
- Can the program provide dual diagnosis treatment?
- Is the treatment center appropriately credentialed?
- Has the person previously tried other treatment options?
- What is the admissions process like?
- How much will treatment cost, and what can be covered by things like insurance?
- Are the treatment facility and its staff suitable for opioid addiction in particular?
- Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.