Armodafinil is a medication prescribed to patients who have been diagnosed with sleep disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea and shift work sleep disorder to reduce their extreme sleepiness. However, armodafinil does not cure sleep disorders nor is it guaranteed to completely get rid of the sleepiness sleep disorder patients experience. Do not take armodafinil as a replacement for a good night’s rest or if you have not been diagnosed with a sleep disorder.
Related Topic: Narcolepsy cure
Starting armodafinil can produce some side effects for sleep disorder patients. More common armodafinil side effects are headaches, nausea, dry mouth, nervousness, dizziness and difficulty sleeping. Talk to your doctor if these common armodafinil side effects get worse. Many patients do not experience serious side effects after taking armodafinil, but it is important to know these serious side effects in case you need to identify them. Serious side effects of armodafinil use include fast or irregular heartbeat, agitation, confusion, depression, hallucinations and thoughts of suicide. Seek medical attention promptly if you start to notice any pain in the chest after you take armodafinil.
Armodafinil treatment must be discontinued if you are looking to detox from the medication. Set up a meeting with your doctor to discuss how you should go about this process. Your armodafinil dosage and treatment schedule should never be changed without your doctor’s orders. In most cases, your doctor will gradually taper off your armodafinil dosage levels over time so your body can adjust to less of the medication accordingly.
Many patients do not experience severe withdrawal symptoms after they stop taking armodafinil. Some patients, however, have reported mild armodafinil withdrawal symptoms such as a decrease in energy levels, sleepiness and reduced alertness.
Not everyone will experience armodafinil withdrawal in the same way. This is because every patient has a physiology unique to them. In most cases, the armodafinil withdrawal timeline is relatively short. Factors that may influence how long armodafinil stays in your system are your age, metabolism, organ function, how long you have taken armodafinil, your armodafinil dosage levels and if you tapered off your armodafinil dose or stopped cold turkey.
It is important that you keep a current list of all your medications, including over the counter drugs and herbal products, and share this information with your doctor. This is necessary because some medications and substances can interact with armodafinil in different ways. For instance, street drugs such as methamphetamine and MDMA, also known as ecstasy, have been shown to cause potentially dangerous interactions with armodafinil. Cough-and-cold products and diet aids have also been shown to raise some armodafinil patients’ blood pressure and heart rates. Do not drink excessively large amounts of tea, soda or coffee when you are taking armodafinil, as caffeine can increase your risk of armodafinil side effects.
If you are a female patient taking armodafinil, you may want to discuss your birth control options with your doctor. Armodafinil has been shown to decrease the effectiveness of hormonal birth control methods such as pills, rings and patches.
Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their Ambien addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
Armodafinil Addiction Treatment And Rehab Centers
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.