Types of 12 Step Programs
It is a very difficult process to break an addiction; however, people who are working toward recovery often find that the support of others, coupled with a structured plan for recovery, is the best route for them to take. There are many different 12 Step programs that exist to help people work toward their goals.
- admitting that one cannot control one’s alcoholism, addiction or compulsion
- recognizing a higher power that can give strength
- examining past mistakes with the help of a sponsor (experienced member)
- making amends for these errors
- learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior
- helping others who suffer from the same alcoholism, addictions, or compulsions
Inside Addiction, Nov. 24–30: Trump’s Medicare Proposal, Amanda Bynes’ History of Addiction, Bruce Springsteen’s Mental HealthNovember 30, 2018
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak with an Intake Coordination Specialist now.352.771.2700