Tapentadol is a medication prescribed to patients to help relieve severe short-term pain, such as the type caused by injury or surgery. Specifically, it is classified as an opioid analgesic.
Tapentadol is a medication prescribed to patients to help relieve severe short-term pain, such as the type caused by injury or surgery. Specifically, it is classified as an opioid analgesic. Tapentadol reduces patients’ pain thanks to its ability to change how the brain and body experience and react to pain.
Beginning treatment with Tapentadol may produce certain side effects, just like starting any new medication. Common Tapentadol side effects include nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, and drowsiness. If these typical Tapentadol side effects worsen over time, notify your doctor.
Although serious side effects from Tapentadol are uncommon, it is important to be able to recognize them in the case of an emergency. Serious Tapentadol side effects are confusion, stomach or abdominal pain, trouble urinating, loss of appetite, unusual tiredness, and weight loss. Talk to your doctor right away if any of these serious side effects become noticeable.
Seek medical attention promptly if you experience slow or shallow breathing, fainting, seizures, severe drowsiness or difficulty waking up after taking Tapentadol.
If you would like to discontinue Tapentadol treatment, set up a meeting with your doctor to discuss options. In most cases, doctors will lower a patient’s Tapentadol dose gradually over time to allow the patient’s body enough time to adjust to less and less of the medication. This is called a “tapering off” approach. Do not abruptly stop taking Tapentadol, as this can produce unwanted withdrawal symptoms. Under no circumstances should you adjust your Tapentadol treatment schedule or dosage levels without your doctor’s permission.
Common Tapentadol withdrawal symptoms are anxiety, sweating, insomnia, rigors, pain, nausea, tremors, diarrhea, upper respiratory symptoms, piloerection, and hallucinations.
Remember, never abruptly stop taking Tapentadol as the aforementioned withdrawal symptoms may be enhanced.
The Tapentadol withdrawal timeline and symptom durations vary from patient to patient due to every individual’s unique physiology. While some patients may be relieved of Tapentadol withdrawal symptoms within a few days, other patients may take longer. Several factors affect how your body will respond to Tapentadol, such as your age, metabolism, organ function, how long you have taken Tapentadol and the dosage levels.
If you are having trouble managing Tapentadol withdrawal symptoms, you may want to enter a medically assisted detoxification program. Here, patients will have access to medical professionals while Tapentadol is safely cleansed from their body. It is important to remember that not everyone responds to Tapentadol withdrawal in the same way. Do not be afraid to seek help during the detoxification process as needed.
Always keep an updated list of your medications, including any herbal supplements or over the counter drugs you take, and share this with your doctor. Some substances may interact with Tapentadol, which is why it is important for your doctor to have the full list.
Substances that are known to cause an interaction with Tapentadol include pentazocine, nalbuphine, butorphanol, naltrexone, isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, moclobemide, phenelzine, procarbazine, rasagiline, safinamide, selegiline, and tranycypromine.
The risk of serotonin syndrome or toxicity will increase if the patient takes additional substances that also increase serotonin. Examples of these substances include street drugs like MDMA, St. John’s wort, fluoxetine, paroxetine, duloxetine, venlafaxine, and more.
You may also increase the risk of Tapentadol side effects if you take other products which cause drowsiness or breathing issues. Notify your doctor if you take products such as codeine, hydrocodone, alcohol, cannabis, sleep drugs, anxiety medications, muscle relaxants or antihistamines.
Finding a Tapentadol center to suit your situation and needs is an important step in every patient’s recovery journey. Set up a meeting with your doctor to discuss the features you should look for in a Tapentadol rehab center. Factors such as your length of Tapentadol treatment as well as your Tapentadol dosage levels should be considered when making this important decision.
If you or someone you love is suffering from Tapentadol addiction or another substance use disorder, it’s not too late to get help. The Recovery Village has many resources and treatment program options to help those looking to recover from substance use disorder.
Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their Ambien addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
Tapentadol Treatment & Rehab: Locations Near Me
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.