Illegal Drugs That Make You Sleepy
Despite the “high” that comes from illegal drugs, which is often described as “euphoric,” “rush,” “ecstatic,” or “feeling up,” the moment is short-lived. Following the desired effects of the drugs is the crash that results from the chemical imbalances in the body. Aside from mood and physical changes, energy is depleted, and drowsiness or insomnia often follows. Just as the effects are unique to each drug, so are the effects that follow usage.
- Rush: euphoria, hyperactivity, boundless energy, boosted self-confidence, heightened awareness
- Crash: insomnia, headaches, tremors, paranoia, tremors
- Rush: mental exhilaration, euphoria, general well-being
- Crash: depression, drowsiness
- Rush: euphoria, alertness, energy, boost in self-confidence
- Crash: excessive sleepiness, psychotic behavior, aggression, violence, memory loss
- Rush: extreme energy, enhanced sense of pleasure, empathy, increased self-confidence
- Crash: tiredness, lack of motivation, nausea, vomiting, seizures, biting inside of the cheek
Have more questions about Sleeping Pills abuse?Read the most frequently asked questions
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak to an Intake Coordinator now.352.771.2700