Roxicodone is a prescription medication given to patients to relieve moderate to severe pain. The medication is an opioid analgesic and it works by reducing the pain patients feel by changing the way the brain and body respond to it.
Beginning treatment with Roxicodone may produce side effects for some patients. Common Roxicodone side effects that do not require medical attention include nausea, vomiting, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness, and drowsiness. These more common side effects of Roxicodone should all go away with time. If they do not go away or get worse, promptly notify your doctor about the side effects that are still ailing you.
Serious side effects of Roxicodone are relatively uncommon but are important to be aware of in case you need to report them to your doctor. Serious side effects of Roxicodone include mood changes, agitation, confusion, hallucinations, severe stomach or abdominal pain, difficulty urinating, loss of appetite, unusual tiredness, and weight loss. These should be immediately reported to your doctor after they are first spotted.
You should seek medical attention as soon as possible if you experience severe side effects of using Roxicodone, such as fainting, seizures, slow or shallow breathing, severe drowsiness, difficulty waking up, and symptoms of an allergic reaction such as rashes, itching or swelling, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of Roxicodone side effects. Report any side effects that you suspect may be from using Roxicodone to your doctor immediately.
Roxicodone patients using the medication responsibly may still develop a Roxicodone addiction or dependence. This is mainly because Roxicodone is an opioid, which belongs to a very addictive class of medications. If you begin to think someone in your life is developing a Roxicodone addiction, seek professional help as soon as possible. Signs which may point to Roxicodone abuse include becoming obsessed with finding and taking Roxicodone, losing interest in the hobbies and activities you once enjoyed, performing poorly or irregularly at school or work, and suffering financial losses due to money spent on obtaining Roxicodone.
If you no longer want to continue taking Roxicodone, set up a meeting with your doctor to discuss the next step. Usually, doctors will gradually lower the Roxicodone dosage over time so that the patient’s body can adequately adjust to less and less of the medication. This strategy of tapering off the medication will help patients avoid the worst of Roxicodone withdrawal symptoms. You should never abruptly stop taking Roxicodone as this will increase your chances of severe withdrawal symptoms. In addition, you should never adjust your Roxicodone dosage levels or treatment schedule without your doctor’s instruction.
The Recovery Village has a wide variety of rehabilitation programs available for those who are looking to recover from Roxicodone addiction. Before entering the inpatient or outpatient rehab programs, patients will first detox from Roxicodone. Once all the medication is safely removed from their bodies, patients can participate in recovery activities like individual and group counseling sessions and recreational therapy.
Inpatient Roxicodone rehab is a treatment option that requires patients to live on campus at one of The Recovery Village’s designated inpatient centers while they recover from their Roxicodone addiction. This type of treatment is beneficial for patients who are experiencing severe Roxicodone addiction or those who may find recovery difficult to achieve at home.
After completing inpatient Roxicodone rehab, patients will enter the outpatient program. Outpatient Roxicodone rehab lets patients live at home while they attend scheduled treatment appointments at The Recovery Village. Patients with less severe Roxicodone addiction may choose to begin treatment with this program and skip inpatient Oxycodone rehab entirely.
Finding a Roxicodone rehab center to support you is a very important step in living a happier, healthier, substance-free life. You may want to set up a meeting with your doctor to discuss which features you should seek in a Roxicodone rehab center if you are unsure about which program is right for you.
If you or someone you love is struggling with a substance abuse disorder, seek professional help today. The Recovery Village has many resources and programs that can be tailored to fit each patient’s unique recovery needs.
Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
Roxicodone Overdose Risk
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.