Restoril (temazepam) is a benzodiazepine, prescribed as a short-term insomnia treatment. As with other benzodiazepines, Restoril also has anti-anxiety and muscle-relaxant properties. Other commonly prescribed benzodiazepines include Valium, Xanax and Klonopin. Restoril isn’t usually prescribed for periods of more than ten days. It is potentially habit-forming, and dependence can occur as well. Prescription drug misuse of not only benzos but other drug classes like opioids is at an all-time high. People may start misusing prescription drugs without even realizing it. Often, addiction to prescription drugs occurs accidentally with therapeutic use. There are some ways to lower the risks of prescription drug addiction. These can include speaking with your doctor about any history of substance misuse and being aware of all risks and side effects before taking a prescribed medication. Patients can also follow prescriptions and instructions exactly.
Some signs of Restoril addiction can include compulsive drug-seeking or stockpiling of the drug. People addicted to Restoril may continue to use it even when there are negative health effects. Restoril addiction can include doctor shopping, stealing or forging prescriptions. When someone is addicted to a substance, they will unsuccessfully try to stop using it and often are dependent on it. Over time there will be damaging effects on relationships, careers and finances. Recognizing signs of prescription drug misuse and addiction are important first steps to getting treatment and rehab.
The first step of a Restoril addiction treatment program should be a supervised detox. Restoril causes dependence, so when someone tries to stop, they will go through withdrawal. Benzo withdrawal symptoms usually start three to four days after the last dose is taken. Benzo withdrawal can include severe and deadly side effects like seizures, which is why medical detox is best. A full benzodiazepine withdrawal can last for several weeks. Other medications may be needed to manage symptoms and stabilize mood. Following detox, a person can begin the actual Restoril addiction treatment program. Specific treatment options for Restoril addiction can vary.
Most programs have cognitive behavioral therapy or counseling as the foundation of Restoril addiction treatment. During therapy or counseling sessions, professionals will look at what might have led to prescription drug misuse. This can include lifestyle conditions as well as underlying mental health conditions. During Restoril rehab, patients will also learn coping mechanisms and skills that will help them avoid or deal with triggers and prevent relapse. There are also therapies focused on rebuilding and maintaining relationships and what to do if relapse does occur.
Restoril rehab can include inpatient or outpatient treatment, or a combination. A program will also usually include extensive aftercare planning to maximize the chance a patient will sustain their recovery. Some factors can determine the best type of Restoril addiction treatment. A few factors include the level of drug misuse, whether or not the person has already unsuccessfully been part of a treatment program, and if there are other addictions. Inpatient Restoril addiction treatment can typically last anywhere from 30 to 90 days, and it involves both medical and therapy-based treatments. Outpatient programs for Restoril addiction treatment may be best for people who haven’t done any other rehab program, or someone who uses the drug lightly.
Other considerations relevant to Restoril addiction treatment and rehab include the location of the program. Some patients want to be far from their home environment and triggers, while others find this produces anxiety. Insurance providers often cover some or all of the costs of certain addiction treatment programs, so this is a consideration as well. Following intensive treatment, patients will participate in aftercare programs that help them stay sober when faced with reality and daily life. This can include continued therapy with a one-on-one or family counselor or something like a 12-step program.
Addiction to prescription drugs or other substances can feel like a burden that’s inescapable, but it’s not. Contact The Recovery Village. We’re a national addiction treatment center that views each patient and their substance use through an individualized framework
Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
Signs Symptoms and Side Effects of Restoril Abuse
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.