How Long Does Pentothal Stay in Your System?
Pentothal Addiction Hotline
24/7, Toll-Free, Confidential844-207-6576
- 1. Pentothal (Thiopental) Prescription Facts
- 2. How Long Does Pentothal (Thiopental) Stay in Your System?
- 3. Pentothal (Thiopental) Regulations
- 4. Most Commonly Abused Drugs Containing Pentothal (Thiopental)
- 5. How Pentothal (Thiopental) Affects the Brain and Body
- 6. Half-Life of Pentothal (Thiopental)
- 7. Factors That Influence How Long Pentothal (Thiopental) Stays in Your System
- 8. How Long Does Pentothal (Thiopental) Stay in Your Urine, Hair, and Blood?
Pentothal is also used in veterinary medicine to induce general anesthesia.
Seeking addiction treatment can feel overwhelming. We know the struggle, which is why we're uniquely qualified to help.
Your call is confidential, and there's no pressure to commit to treatment until you're ready. As a voluntary facility, we're here to help you heal -- on your terms. Our sole focus is getting you back to the healthy, sober life you deserve, and we are ready and waiting to answer your questions or concerns 24/7.Speak with an Intake Coordination Specialist now.352.771.2700
In addition to being used to induce general anesthesia in humans and animals, Pentothal can be used for other purposes in various parts of the world. Other uses include lethal injection, euthanasia, truth serum, psychiatry, stopping a seizure and to induce a coma.
People with liver disease, Addison’s disease, myxedema, severe heart disease, severe hypotension, severe breathing disorders, or a family history of porphyria should not be given Pentothal. Inform your doctor of your full medical history.
The medication works by slowing down brain and nervous system activity and has a number of possible side effects that can last up to 36 hours after administration. These side effects may include:
- ongoing drowsiness
- weak or shallow breathing
- slow heartbeats
- sneezing, coughing, tight feeling in the throat
- trouble breathing
Tell your doctor or any other healthcare personnel at the hospital if you are experiencing any of these side effects so that you can receive proper care.
- Lean body mass
Check with your healthcare member and your doctor to determine the length of time Pentothal may stay in your system. Be sure to consider all of your personal factors.
If you feel that you or a loved one is misusing a barbiturate, don’t wait to get help. Go online to www.TheRecoveryVillage.com or call our 24/7 toll-free hotline at 855-548-9825 to learn more about the road to recovery. We can help you overcome your addiction today.