Article at a Glance:
- People who have anorexia believe they are overweight but are often significantly underweight.
- Someone with anorexia limits food intake to the point of starvation.
- You may have an intense fear of getting fat and practice binge eating if you have anorexia.
- People with anorexia go to extreme measures to lose weight, such as vomiting and excessive exercising.
- Take this confidential test to evaluate your symptoms and see if you may have anorexia.
Medical Disclaimer: The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with a substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. View our editorial policy or view our research.