Important Notice Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are closely monitoring all developments associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of all patients, employees and the communities we serve.
Please note the following updates:
Face Mask Policy:
Following the latest CDC recommendations for controlling the spread of COVID-19, all patients are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask while at the facility. All employees are required to wear a face mask at all times.
ARS facilities are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, and we have strong infection control policies, procedures and systems in place. As recommended by the CDC, our clinicians are screening all patients and employees for fever and respiratory symptoms, as well as administering a rapid COVID-19 test prior to admission.
A pre-admission acceptance is a preliminary determination that indicates you are appropriate for admission to our facility. Based on your presentation upon arrival or during your stay, it may be determined that a different facility may be more appropriate.
For the safety of all patients, family members, visitors and staff, visitors may only enter an ARS facility during designated visitation times. A patient’s treatment team must approve any visitor, and visitors are required to wear a facemask at all times. Patients in the medical detox or inpatient programs do not have in-person visitors to focus on their recovery.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or further concerns about any of our policy updates, please check back frequently, or you can reach out directly by calling 855-387-3291.
Now that you have decided to begin treatment at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, it is time to prepare for your stay. Knowing what to bring, what to leave behind, and how to reach our Palmer Lake facility sets the stage for your lifelong recovery.
What to Prepare and Bring
This guide ensures you have everything you need while you are with us, so you can focus on the most important issues of your healing. We encourage that new patients pack the following items:
- Bring no more than two (2) bags/pieces of luggage.
- Anything more than what may fit in two pieces of luggage will be placed in storage for your full stay.
Covid-19 safety guidelines
- Upon arrival, a Covid swab will be taken by a nurse
- Picture ID: State/Government valid ID/Driver’s License/Passport
- Insurance Card
- Necessary travel documentation
- Relevant medical records/list of providers with contact information
- A list of family members and their contact information
- A form of payment (debit card, credit card, cash, or checkbook)
- a small amount of cash ($200)
- prepaid visa gift card (this will be used for all purchase facilitated by staff on your behalf.)
- credit card
- cell phone.
- Security stickers will be placed over the camera on admission to protect the privacy of our clients.
- Removal of the sticker may result in loss of phone privilege.
- Cell phones are permitted in all levels of care outside of the clinical group hours.
- Cell phone use is not permitted during groups.
- Violation of phone policy may result in administrative discharge.
- Music: MP3, Ipod, Ear Buds/headphones
- season-appropriate clothing
- sweater or jacket for indoors and outdoors
- long pants, shorts, socks, undergarments
- ladies’ proper undergarments
- men’s proper undergarments
- hat, beanie,
- warm gloves
- tennis shoes, flip flops, sandals
- comfortable & discrete work-out wear
- comfortable sleepwear
- ladies: one-piece swimsuits
- men: knee-length board swim shorts
- personalized masks (optional, as facility supplies are available)
- dental flossers
- unopened supplies (optional, as facility supplies are available)
- alcohol-free mouthwash
- toothbrush, unopened toothpaste
- shampoo and conditioner *alcohol free
- face wash and moisturizer
- lip balm
- feminine products
- contact lens solution *alcohol free
- disposable razors (secured and checked in/out at specific times.)
- *blow dryer/styling tools (secured and checked in/out at specific times.)
*Not allowed in detox level of care
- unopened. Please bring enough for the entirety of your stay.
- cigarettes carton
- chewing tobacco
Personal comfort (Optional, facility supplies are available)
- new unopened: pillow, blanket, comforter.
- *If previously used, these items will be placed in sealed black plastic bags inside luggage for full stay.
- Hobby items (journals, sketchbooks, adult coloring books and pencil set, word games, etc.)
- reading material
What Not to Bring
Rehabilitation is an opportunity to distance yourself from the people, places and ways of thinking that contribute to your drug or alcohol use. Because your focus is on recovery, we prohibit patients from bringing certain items to The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake to help them focus on recovery.
Items NOT permitted at the facility include but not limited to:
- This is not an exhaustive list. Final determination of any contraband will be left to the treatment team.
- Family may drop off items with staff which will be quarantined for 24 hours
Drugs, Alcohol, Medications
- drug or alcohol paraphernalia including CBD and THC products (will be destroyed upon admission)
- prescribed narcotic or controlled substances (will be destroyed upon admission.)
- drugs or alcohol (will be destroyed upon admission)
- vapes, e-cigarettes, black and mild’s, cigars, pipes and pipe tobacco.
- laptop, tablets, i-pad, Kendal
- camera, video camera, audio recorder
- overly revealing clothing
- short shorts
- tank tops and loose tee’s
- clothing depicting:
- drug paraphernalia
- explicit language and/or images
- politically charged slogans
- perfume, cologne
- opened toiletry products
- exercise/metabolic supplements
- essential oils
- non-ADA Certified service animal/emotional support animal
- weapons (including pocketknives)
- pornographic material: literature, video, audio, or clothing
- card decks, games, and sporting equipment
- aerosol products (hairspray, deodorant, etc.)
- wire clothes hangers
Wherever you’re coming from, our intake coordinators at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake make sure you arrive at our center in a safe and timely manner. During the admissions process, all necessary travel accommodations are booked and confirmed by you or your loved ones. If you’re traveling by air, you’ll be picked up from the airport and transported to the center.
Expectations After Arrival
To ensure the safety and sobriety of both new and current patients, each resident must consent to a search of both their person and belongings upon arrival at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake. During this search, staff members will collect any items not permitted during treatment and store them in a safe and secure place until your stay is over. Additional random searches may be conducted throughout your time at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake. Mandatory drug and alcohol testing will be conducted during treatment.
Cell phones are allowed in all levels of care. Restrictions will be placed on those not following the guidelines.
Located 20 miles from Colorado Springs and 50 miles from Denver, our facility offers a serene landscape and a soothing, luxurious environment. We are Colorado’s leading recovery center for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders, with comfortable accommodations and notable amenities. Feel free to visit our website to take a photo tour of The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake to learn more about our amenities and treatment programs.
Amenities and Therapies
Our amenities are part of what makes The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake so unique.
- The use of the following amenities is available when medically approved at the designated Levels of Care.
- Detox will not have access to workout/gym equipment or walking trail
- Residential Program, Partial Hospital Program, and Intensive Outpatient Program
- Exercise Room
- volleyball courts
- walking trail
- frisbee golf
- tether ball
- music gear
- Partial Hospital/Intensive Outpatient
- basketball courts
- swimming pool Exercise Room
- volleyball courts
- walking trail
- frisbee golf
- tether ball
- music gear
Activities will change based upon season, availability, and necessity. Access to all amenities varies depending on the patient’s specific medical and psychiatric condition and the treatment teams recommendations within each level of care.
Each day, RVPL provides three well-balanced cafeteria-style meals. Typically, there will be a few different meal options to choose from for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There will be three snack periods each day. There are vegetarian options available.
While enrolled in the Detox and Residential levels of care, outside foods will not be permitted.
While enrolled in the Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient levels of care, the privilege may be earned to order outside foods or snacks on prearranged days.
Rooms at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake provide you with a comfortable place to rest during your recovery. The center includes two to three beds per room as well as shared bathrooms in each room. The number of residents in each room may vary depending on your individual treatment stage and care needs.
A Day in the Life
Your days at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake will be spent learning how to live a life free from drug and alcohol use. You’ll find new hobbies, make lasting connections with others and rediscover your own personal interests without relying on substances.
As you move through the different levels of care, your daily life will change as you gain new insight and advance through treatment. Depending on the level of care, your day may include group and individual therapy sessions, recreational activities and more. While no two programs are exactly alike, your time at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake can help you begin a lifetime of recovery.
Types of Therapy
During your stay, you’ll participate in a variety of personalized therapy sessions. These sessions are designed to help you heal from addiction by recognizing and overcoming triggers, personal scars and past struggles. Your treatment may include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectic behavioral therapy
- EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) therapy
- SMART Recovery
- 12-Step and Back to Basics
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Family Counseling
- Relapse Prevention Planning
Family Visits and Therapy
During treatment, it’s important to reconcile with yourself and your family. While some do better with long-distance family treatment, others may prefer to have visits from parents, spouses or other family members. Because connecting with your past is so important, therapy sessions for visiting family are generally offered, as clinically appropriate.
While your treatment will take place at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, there may be off-site opportunities available. Off-site visits may vary between partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. With a range of recreation options, including yoga, an exercise room, basketball, and more available on-site, there are plenty of activities available to aid in your recovery.
The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake allows residents to take periodic smoke breaks during designated times. The timing and frequency of these breaks will be determined based on situational medical recommendations and programming. If you smoke, you will need to bring enough unopened cigarettes or tobacco products for the anticipated length of your stay. Smoking cessation products may be offered during your treatment. Please note that vaporizers are not permitted.
The Treatment Process
There are a variety of treatment programs at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, ranging from around-the-clock medical detox and residential care to intensive outpatient care. The treatment programs that you participate in will depend on your own personal needs. Care often starts with medical detox, an intensive process that typically takes between five and 10 days. From there, you’ll either move to residential care, partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient care, where you’ll continue treatment before formulating an aftercare plan with your medical team.
The entire treatment process varies in length based on individual needs, but often lasts between 35 and 45 days. After treatment, you’ll return home equipped with the tools and resources you need to continue your recovery at home, work and everywhere in between. Your treatment may include:
Medically Assisted Treatment
Depending on the addictive substance, quitting suddenly without medical supervision can be dangerous and life-threatening. That is why The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake provides a regulated medical detox plan with 24-hour medical care for those in Detox and Residential Treatment. Individualized clinical care and medical tapering ensures that you have a safe and healthy transition. Before leaving The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake, our staff will provide you with a list of local resources and clinics for continuous care as you stary your substance-free life.
During your treatment, you’ll become part of a dynamic recovery family. But that camaraderie doesn’t end when you leave The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake. Before leaving treatment, staff members help connect clients to resources and opportunities for continued support in your local recovery community.
The Recovery Village Drug and Alcohol Rehab is led by full-time medical and clinical staff, all of whom are dedicated to helping clients heal from addiction.
We are always looking for dedicated clinical staff to help those in recovery.
Insurance and Your Obligation During Treatment
As you are probably aware, nearly all health insurance plans require you to pay some out-of-pocket costs in order to access your healthcare benefits. These expenses may include Deductibles, Co-Pays, Coinsurance % and Maximum Out-of-Pocket Expenses (collectively, the “Patient Responsibility”).
Your individual Patient Responsibility will vary based on a number of factors including:
- Your individual benefits plan
- Length of stay at center
- Type of services received during treatment
- Other services offered at center, but not covered by your insurance provider (lab tests, non-covered prescriptions, etc.)
- Reasonable boarding fees (should you decide to stay with the facility for treatment at outpatient levels of care)
An intake coordinator will review your Patient Responsibility with you at the time of admission or as soon as possible once you are medically stable. They will explain that the deductible is due upon admittance to the facility and the co-insurance amount and out-of-pocket balance will be billed and paid for after treatment once services are complete. On-site financial counselors will again review your financial responsibility during treatment with case managers who can help you navigate FMLA and short-term disability.
It is your responsibility to check with your insurance provider prior to admitting at The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake to understand your individual benefits plan. Please note that your insurance plan may not be a “participating provider” with The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake. You are responsible for all non-covered and out-of-pocket costs related to your treatment stay.
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.