Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment Resources in Wyoming
Find the best options for treatment, detox, rehab and more.
Table of contents
Find Alcohol and Drug Treatment in Wyoming That Works
Sandwiched between two of the Mountain States lies Wyoming, home of Yellowstone National Park, the Red Desert and several lush forests. It’s the least populous state in the country, but despite having fewer than 600,000 residents, Wyoming still sees its share of substance abuse. Every year, thousands of men, women and teens use and abuse illicit drugs and alcohol, which creates a growing need for rehab centers. Luckily, there are hundreds of them all over the country, but this can make it difficult to narrow down the best options. No two addictions are exactly alike. That’s why there are various online resources available to help those struggling with substance abuse get the information they need to get on the path to recovery.
Whether you just need to talk to someone about your struggle with drugs or alcohol, or you want to learn how drug rehab centers in Wyoming — or any other state — can help you, assistance is available. Start with a 24-hour drug and alcohol abuse hotline, or consider the comprehensive treatment options offered by The Recovery Village. Regardless of where you are in the battle, you can win, and there are people who want to help you do it.
Our Closest Facility:
The Recovery Village does not operate in the state of Wisconsin. Our closest location is in the state of Colorado and can be seen in the map above.
Wyoming’s Opioid Crisis
Wyoming may have a small population, but The Equality State has seen the impacts of the opioid crisis that the rest of the United States is experiencing. In 2016, the Centers for Disease Control reported 93 opioid-related deaths in Wyoming. While this is a slight improvement over previous years, it still reflects the need for comprehensive care to prevent further tragedy.
Wyoming Drug & Alcohol Hotlines
Caring professionals are here to listen 24 hours a day, seven days a week on any of these hotlines.
SAMHSA Treatment Helpline
If you’re struggling with a substance use disorder, the SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline can help connect you with appropriate resources.
Alcohol and drug poisoning is a serious matter. Call this hotline anytime, day or night, for help with any substance poisoning emergencies.
Drug and alcohol-related emergencies can’t wait. Contact 911 immediately if you or someone you love is in a life-threatening situation.
Wyoming Drug Abuse Statistics
Drug and alcohol abuse can affect anyone, in any state — even one as sparsely populated as Wyoming. Illicit drug use, overdose deaths, alcohol misuse and opioid healthcare costs have all affected the state over the years.
According to the 2013-2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 30,000 adults age 18 and up admitted to using illicit drugs within the month prior to the date they were surveyed.
For every 100,000 Wyoming drug overdoses in one year, 4.1 were fatal. In the following year, the rate more than tripled to 15 deaths for every 100,000 overdoses.
The United States’ health care costs from opioid abuse is $25 billion for the entire country in 2007. Of this amount, more than $26 million was spent in Wyoming.
Alcohol is the most misused substance in the country, costing more than $220 billion every year. Sadly, no state is immune to alcoholism — not even the least populous state.
Do you need alcohol treatment in Wyoming? Are you seeking drug rehab in Wyoming, and you want to learn more about your options? There are many drug treatment facilities in Wyoming and in nearby states that can help.
Choosing a Wyoming Drug Rehab Center
If you’re looking for a place to undergo treatment for a substance use disorder, there are a number of alcohol and drug treatment facilities in Wyoming that may be able to serve your needs. However, you should also consider the benefits of seeking treatment outside of the state. The process of choosing the right facility is vital to your success in recovery. When selecting a center, you may want to consider the following factors:
- Each facility’s reputation among past and current patients
- The levels of care you will need, as well as those offered at each prospective facility
- The qualifications of staff members and treatment providers
- Whether or not each program is tailored to every patient’s unique needs
- The estimated length of your treatment program
- Whether or not tapering drugs are utilized during treatment
The Recovery Village: Your Destination for Wellness
While many alcohol and drug treatment facilities in Wyoming provide high-quality care, some patients choose to undergo substance use disorder treatment away from their home states. Putting distance between you and the environment where your addiction thrived can put things in perspective and help you achieve the healing and renewal you desire. The Recovery Village, a nationally recognized rehabilitation center, offers evidence-based, individualized recovery care at locations across the country. Three of the locations closest to Wyoming are listed below:
Palmer Lake, Colorado
- The full continuum of care, including medical detox, intensive inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient
- A broad range of indoor and outdoor fitness amenities, including a gym, basketball court and volleyball court
- Opportunities to participate in art, equine, massage and yoga therapy
- Intensive inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient care
- Breathtaking scenery that both inspires and rejuvenates
- A wide selection of recreational opportunities, including access to a basketball court, putting green and horseshoes
- Opportunities to participate in yoga, massage and drama therapy
- Levels of care offered: intensive inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient
- Peaceful lake views
- Both indoor and outdoor activities, including horseshoes, softball and kickball
- Renewing yoga, equine, art and music therapies