Drug and alcohol abuse is a common problem for Navy veterans. In fact, one in 10 veterans struggles with a substance use disorder — a rate higher than that of the general population. The Recovery Village is here to help if you’re in that boat.
The Recovery Village offers Navy veteran rehab programs explicitly tailored to your needs as a former sailor. We know you’ve likely had unique experiences on the seas contributing to your current drug or alcohol abuse, and our experienced and caring clinicians will help you work through them so you can get on the road to recovery.
Treatment Programs for Navy Vets Suffering from Substance Abuse
Not self, but country. You’ve lived this motto your entire time in the Navy, giving all of yourself to defend our nation’s waters. Now that you’ve returned to civilian life, you may find it hard to focus on your needs again. It’s possible you’re even using drugs or alcohol to help yourself cope.
At The Recovery Village, our Navy veteran rehab offers top-of-the-line medical care to help you safely withdraw from whatever you’re using. We then provide holistic therapy and wellness programs that will treat your mind, body, and soul.
It’s time you put yourself first. Learn more about how our Navy veteran drug rehab centers can help you sail to safer waters by contacting our admissions team at 844-903-3524 today.
Alcohol Rehab Treatment Programs for Navy Veterans
It’s easy to start drinking if you’re feeling depressed. Before long, you may need a drink just to make it through the day. Our Navy veteran alcohol rehab treatment can help you combat the feelings and emotions that are leading you to drink while also ease you through any withdrawal symptoms.
We know that every Navy veteran is different, and therefore, has different needs. For example, veterans who saw combat may be dealing with PTSD, while veterans stationed away from their families for three years might have depression. We tackle each individual’s issues head-on with customized treatment just for them.
Drug Rehab Treatment Programs for Navy Veterans
Navy veterans can start using drugs for a number of reasons. They might have suffered an injury and gotten prescription painkillers for it. Or maybe they just wanted to take away some of the stresses of military life. In many cases, drug use can start simultaneously with a mental health disorder. In these cases, the symptoms often fuel one another, making each worse.
However you started using, our Navy veteran drug rehab centers can be a useful tool in getting sober. At our facilities, you’ll get care from leading experts who understand what military life is like.
Drug & Alcohol Rehab for Active Navy Military Personnel
Sailing on open waters can sometimes get lonely, and alcohol or drugs can be a way to stay entertained. Historically, about 26% of Navy sailors engage in heavy drinking, compared to a rate of just over 15% for civilians. Before long, you may find you have an addiction.
In many cases, sailors start drinking or taking drugs to mask the symptoms of other mental health disorders, like depression or PTSD. Our Navy alcohol rehab centers treat both your co-occurring disorder and substance abuse at the same time so you can make a more thorough recovery.
Inpatient Residential Rehab for Navy Members and Their Families
For many Navy veterans, the best way to approach a substance abuse disorder is to tackle it head-on with inpatient residential treatment. Research suggests the most effective way to treat addiction is with a long-term program of about three months in length. This is likely because staying in treatment longer gives you more time to change the patterns of thought that led to your addiction. Think of it as a mini deployment at sea, just with all the comfort and support of a full clinical staff.
At The Recovery Village, you’ll live at our facility while undergoing treatment so you can receive 24/7 care. We tailor your treatment plan specifically to your needs as a veteran. Our professionals offer evidence-based approaches, including one-on-one and group therapy with other veterans. That way, you’ll be able to share your struggles with people who will understand exactly where you’re coming from.
Veteran Recovery Is Our Mission
The Recovery Village is an industry-leading treatment provider for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Experienced clinicians: Our clinicians are specially trained in trauma-informed care, military culture and treating veteran-specific addiction and mental health needs.
- Dual diagnosis: We treat addiction and mental health disorders like PTSD, anxiety or depression simultaneously for a better recovery.
- EMDR: A revolutionary treatment available at several facilities, EMDR therapy alleviates mental pain and emotional recession from trauma, which can lead to better outcomes for your addiction.
- FORTITUDE: Our specialty track for veterans and first responders at select facilities puts you in exclusive group therapy sessions with your peers.
If you’re a veteran struggling with alcohol or drug addiction, our Veteran Advocates can help you navigate your VA health insurance and get you the help you need.
Inpatient Alcohol & Drug Rehab for Navy Family Members
Veterans aren’t the only ones who can struggle with addiction. In many cases, family members use drugs or alcohol to cope with a sailor’s long absence or a strained relationship upon a veteran’s return. The Recovery Village also has drug and alcohol rehab programs that can help the loved ones of Navy members. If possible, you’ll be grouped with other military spouses or loved ones to help you find camaraderie as you recover.
VA Benefits, Health Insurance and Financial Assistance for Navy Veterans
Navy veterans using their VA benefits will be pleased to know that their substance abuse treatment shouldn’t cost them a thing. That’s because the VA covers all substance use rehab, including medically managed detox, residential care, and outpatient treatment. As long as you’re receiving treatment from the VA Community Care Network — of which The Recovery Village is a part — then your rehab will be covered at 100% with no out-of-pocket costs.
Private health insurance should also cover Navy veteran rehab programs because of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act. It requires insurance companies to provide the same benefits for substance abuse treatment as they do for medical care. Whatever insurance you have, don’t let it all deter you. Our admission counselors are here to help answer your questions and take care of all the paperwork so you don’t have to.
Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.