844.244.3171    24/7, Toll-free, Confidential

If you’re a resident of Connecticut, these resources will help you find the resources and health services you need if you’re struggling with drug abuse or alcohol addiction.

Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services

The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) promotes and administers comprehensive, recovery-oriented services in the areas of mental health treatment and substance abuse prevention and treatment throughout Connecticut.

Help for Alcoholics

Area 11 offers an alcohol helpline to connect you with a recovering member of Alcoholics Anonymous will be glad to speak with you, or just call 1-866-STEPS12 1-866-783-7712.

For Spanish speakers, there is a Spanish language answering service at 1-855-ESPANCT 1-855-377-2628. Area 11 tiene ahora una lengua española en el servicio de contestador 1-855-ESPANCT (1-855-377-2628).

Crisis Hotline

Crisis hotline numbers are available by region at the State of Connecticut Mental Health and Addiction Services.

Youth Hotline

If you are under 18, call 2-1-1 for help with alcohol or drug addiction help.