Anafranil (or rather clomipramine) is a drug used for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety, panic disorder, depression and muscle weakness associated with sleeping disease. These disorders are mainly caused by an imbalance of neurotransmitters like serotonin and noradrenaline in the brain. When administered, it works to bring about a favorable balance of the neurotransmitters and helps improve the patient’s emotional and mental status.
However, there have been cases reported of individuals taking high dosages of clomipramine and becoming dependent. This status is usually dangerous to the individual, as excess use of Anafranil often leads to substance use disorder. A rehabilitation center like The Recovery Village is always the best option for ensuring a patient gets back to normalcy.
Sometimes, when the body develops tolerance to a certain medication, the medication ceases to provide the desired relief. A patient is always expected to visit their doctor for further advice and alternatives to the medication. However, some often end up getting it off the counter, leading to use of unprescribed high dosages and thereby endangering their health.
Symptoms associated with clomipramine use disorder include:
- Trouble breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe dizziness
- Loss of consciousness/fainting
Using clomipramine for the first time may exhibit some side effects such as constipation, stomach upset, nausea, change in appetite, blurred vision and even increased anxiety symptoms. If any of these symptoms persist, consult your doctor for professional direction.
Medical detoxification is one of the recovery treatments administered to a person with substance use disorder. Since detoxification can present unique challenges, it is a supervised process that offers a safe transition to full recovery.
A good detox process allows for the body to rid itself of any drug concentrations. During this process, detoxification prescriptions are used under the supervision of a qualified medical practitioner. It is a slow but steady process in which the body is allowed time to clear out any remaining substance as the patient adjusts to the drug-free experience. During this delicate recovery period, the patient experiences a positive physiological and physical restoration as they overcome the drug’s withdrawal effects.
It’s important to note that patients are subjected to the different detox strategies based on their initial medical assessment and analysis. Also, detox should be done at an approved rehabilitation center for safety purposes. The Recovery Village has always been the go-to place for many patients seeking help.
The Recovery Village offers both outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation programs. The rehabilitation is dependent on the circumstances surrounding the disorder, and each is designed around the different stages of the patient’s condition and progress in the recovery process.
An inpatient option is an intensive form of therapy that requires the patient to stay at the rehabilitation center throughout the recovery period. The program follows a medical detox phase. Treatment is administered in-house, and the patient is monitored round-the-clock to prevent any instances of recurrence of use.
Since inpatient rehab is one of the most effective forms of care, the program can last between 30 – 45 days or longer, depending on a patient’s status.
Sometimes treatments work best when a patient is allowed some freedom and interactions with their loved ones. Outpatient rehab is based on this concept. Generally, patients receive treatments from their homes while still being involved with their normal day-to-day activities at home or their working environment.
This therapy program usually takes about three months, but it may vary depending on each patient’s recovery progress. Though outpatient, there is always close monitoring of the patients that may include weekly visits to the doctor for one-on-one counseling, therapy sessions, nutrition coaching or any other treatment requirement.
It is very crucial to be attended by a qualified, certified practitioner in a legalized institution. This guarantees you a sure and safe recovery process. Treatment administered on a person struggling with Anafranil use disorder are usually case-sensitive in that what works for one patient may not necessarily work for another. That’s why the patient needs to be in the care of a qualified clinical officer with the capability and capacity to carry out proper analysis and administer proper treatment.
The Recovery Village is a certified professional institution dedicated to offering high-quality therapy programs that ensure positive results. With this, the patients are sure to achieve full recovery. The institution strives to avail all the necessary resources and oversight for all cases of substance use disorders that guarantees success.
- Visit the following websites to learn about The Recovery Village’s network of rehabilitation facilities. Call today for admissions. Each center is ready to help people learn how to cope with their addiction and uncover the root causes for their substance use disorder.
- Orlando Recovery Center: A premier rehabilitation facility in Orlando, Florida that helps individuals recover from addiction and substance use disorders. The center also offers the opportunity to treat co-occurring disorders.
- The Recovery Village Columbus: Located in Ohio, this facility provides inpatient, outpatient and aftercare treatment for people looking to begin detox. The center provides individualized plans to help patients through recovery while addressing their unique co-occurring disorders or any setbacks that may happen during recovery.
- The Recovery Village Palmer Lake: In Colorado, this facility offers inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals looking to kick-start their journey to recovery.
- The Recovery Village Ridgefield: Located right in southern Washington, this facility provides patients with outpatient and aftercare programs. Just 20 minutes outside of Portland, this facility assists individuals who are ready to begin treatment.
- The Recovery Village: In Umatilla, Florida, this is a rehabilitation facility that provides resources for individuals seeking drug and alcohol treatment. There are inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization treatment programs available for those suffering from Ambien addiction.
- IAFF Center of Excellence: Specializes in assisting firefighters who struggle with behavioral health problems and addiction. Members can enter the recovery process sooner so they can return back to work as quickly as possible. Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are all available at this facility, where patients can address their Ambien addiction in a safe, supportive environment.
- Denver Mental Health & Counseling: Denver Mental Health and Counseling by The Recovery Village is a physician-led outpatient center specializing in evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, offering services such as TMS, IOP, and personalized care for both ongoing and new patients, dedicated to fostering long-term recovery and overall well-being.
- The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health: The Recovery Village Palm Beach at Baptist Health is a premier physician-led treatment center in South Florida, offering a comprehensive spectrum of services from medical detox to outpatient programs for alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, with a commitment to rejuvenating lives, families, and communities, and facilitating same-day admissions.
- The Recovery Village Atlanta: Located in Roswell just outside downtown Atlanta, is a 62-bed physician-led treatment facility offering a comprehensive range of services, from medical detox to outpatient care, specializing in alcohol, drug, and co-occurring mental health conditions, dedicated to transforming lives, families, and communities throughout Georgia.
- The Recovery Village Kansas City: The Recovery Village Kansas City, an 80-bed facility in Raytown just 10 miles from downtown, offers a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments for addiction and mental health conditions, overseen by physician leaders, and is dedicated to revitalizing lives, families, and communities throughout the Midwest.
- The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper Health: The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper, situated just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, is a leading rehab facility in South Jersey providing comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health treatments, ranging from medical detox to teletherapy, with a dedicated team committed to guiding adults on their path to lifelong recovery.
Anafranil (Clomipramine) Withdrawal And Detox
The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers.