Things you should not bring to rehab:
- (1) Alcohol and drugs – This one might seem like a given, but there are those who believe bringing last minute drug items to rehab is ok. It’s not. Your belongings will be searched.
- (2) Weapons – Leave home any weapons. This means guns, knives, scissors, or any sharp objects that may be viewed as dangerous.
- (3) Candles and incense
- (4) Electronic cigarettes
- (5) Food or drinks– Outside food and drinks are typically banned because many rehab centers maintain a moderate caffeine and sugar environment. Meals, snacks, and beverages will be provided to you in the treatment center. If you have special dietary requirements, let the rehab center know before you’re admitted.
- (6) Toiletries that contain alcohol– Leave at home any alcohol-based products like certain mouthwashes, nail polish remover, perfume, and aerosols.
- (7) Revealing clothing or clothing with profanity – Do not bring any clothes that reference drugs, alcohol, or profanity. Leave at home your revealing clothing and cut-off tops. You’ll need comfortable clothes for your journey in rehab.
- (8) Electronics – Leave behind game consoles, televisions, tablets, iPhones, laptops, and smartphones. Most rehab centers don’t want you to be distracted by electronics.
- (9) Expensive items and cash – Leave behind any expensive items like jewelry, clothes, shoes, and large amounts of money.
- (10) Unapproved or opened medication – Leave behind any unapproved medication. If you have vitamins or unopened medication, advise the admins before you enter rehab.
Other things that are discouraged in drug rehab:Items like weapons, illegal substances and electronics are not the only things that can make your rehab experience less than what it could be.
- (11) Negative attitude – Keep an open mind and check your negativity at the door.
- (12) Unwillingness to participate – It’s in your best interest to take part in your recovery, and it starts in rehab.
- (13) Disregard for the rules of the program – rule-breakers by nature, some of are not always in drug rehab by choice.
Don’t give up until you give yourself a fighting chance. Follow our program and give recovery a shot; it’s the best decision you’ll make. Start by calling us now.
Written by: Kelly Fitzgerald