On Valentine’s Day, people express their love for others through words of affirmation: verbal compliments like, “Wow, you look stunning,” written “I love you” notes, and more. Words of affirmation are indeed a love language all their own, but who says they’re only appropriate for lovers? After all, languages can have many different dialects. In the same way, words of affirmation can (and should!) be said by everyone. A thoughtful affirmation can be uplifting and encouraging on any day the year.
At The Recovery Village, we believe in the power of affirmational phrases and mantras to transform your perspective on recovery. Whether you’re single or in a relationship this Valentine’s Day, you can always use words of affirmation — so we made some just for you, with your recovery journey in mind.
But these little valentines aren’t just from us. Your sobriety says a lot about you, too.
Sobriety is good for you, mentally, physically and spiritually, but especially physically. When you get sober, your body will thank you. And because of your commitment to substance-free living, today your body can love you back.
Your sobriety date (down to the second!) speaks volumes about your progress. Celebrate how far you’ve come this Valentine’s Day — you’re doing so well.
No matter how long or short a time you’ve been sober, The Recovery Village is proud of you. Your commitment to living free of substances sets an example for your friends and family. Your daily choice to stay sober reassures those in addiction that recovery IS possible. And your continued dedication to becoming the best version of yourself encourages everyone around you.
From all of us at The Recovery Village, Happy Valentine’s Day. You deserve love, compassion, and words of affirmation today and every day. If you’re feeling lost in relapse or overwhelmed by addiction, don’t wait to reach out for help. Someone who cares is available to take your call anytime, even on Valentine’s Day. Call The Recovery Village at 352.771.2700 for 24-hour support and to learn about the path to healing.
- Meet Christian: Alumni Coordinator and Advocate for Your Recovery - November 14, 2018
- How to Talk to a Suicide Loss Survivor: What to Say, What to Avoid - November 7, 2018
- All Treats, No Triggers: Having a Happy Halloween at Home - October 17, 2018
- Why Depression Screening Matters for You and Your Loved Ones - October 2, 2018
- What Does It Mean to Take a Mental Health Day? - September 22, 2018
- Does Alcohol Use Cause Liver Cancer? - September 21, 2018
- How to Provide First Aid for Suicide Risk - September 9, 2018
- August Inside Addiction: Mel B in Rehab, No Alcohol Is Safe, and More - August 31, 2018
- Michael’s Story: Living Proof That Aftercare Works - August 25, 2018
- 6 Ways to Take Action on International Overdose Awareness Day - August 20, 2018