Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Vancouver, Washington
Just because your loved one has completed a qualified substance abuse treatment program in Vancouver does not mean that the challenges posed by the disease of addiction are over. Having a support network to help maintain accountability for sobriety is a critical part of long-term success with recovery. One fantastic method to maintain accountability and ensure that a clean and sober life is being maintained throughout recovery is the utilization of services from Vancouver drug testing centers and facilities.
Vancouver Drug Testing Centers
Vancouver drug testing centers have the ability to administer a variety of drug tests. The type of test used will depend on several factors including the situation that calls for a test and the type of substances for which to screen. Primarily, there are five types of drug tests, or drug screens, that you may access at Vancouver drug testing centers:
- Urine Test: This test is quite common and frequently used in situations such as pre-employment drug screens or routine drug tests as part of an outpatient substance abuse treatment program. Not only is the test considered minimally invasive, it can provide substantial information on a wide spectrum of substances consumed.
- Saliva Test: these tests are quick to administer, minimally invasive like urine tests, and are able to provide Vancouver drug testing centers with information on what substances have been consumed recently. Saliva tests are well-used for testing someone believed to be under the influence at the time the test is given.
- Blood: Of all the tests a drug test center can provide, a blood test gives the most detailed and complete information on what substances have been taken. The trade-off for this information is that a blood test is more invasive in nature than a urine or saliva test.
- Perspiration: A “sweat test” is much different than the other tests you can find at Vancouver drug testing centers. This type of test requires an individual to wear a patch for a couple weeks that will monitor substances excreted through the sweat glands.
- Hair Follicle: Hair follicles are like history books for substances used over extended periods of time. Since blood vessels provide the fuel to grow hair, anything that enters the blood gets “written” onto the hair.
There are many types of situations that could call for using these tests at Vancouver drug testing centers. Some of the more common include, but are not limited to:
- Legal: Court-ordered drug tests are commonplace in probation and parole cases, but can also be utilized in child custody rulings, divorce court, and court-ordered rehabilitation programs.
- Pre-Employment Vetting: It is not uncommon to have to pass a pre-employment drug test when applying for a position with many well-known companies. This might not be the last time drug testing centers are utilized, as random drug screens can be a part of an employer’s company culture.
- Outpatient/Sober Living Programs: To help provide a continuing emphasis on accountability to recovery, many programs may give random and scheduled drug tests.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When it comes time to find expert drug testing facilities, Vancouver is more than equipped to meet your needs. With so many results from searching the internet for “drug testing facilities near me”, take into consideration a few more in-depth criteria to help you find your chosen drug test facility.
- Secure: Security in this sense is in regard to keeping your personal information confidential and protected.
- Precise: Make sure that your drug test facility is known for accurate and precise results. A false positive can hold serious repercussions at the worst and frustration at the least.
- Rapid: Efficiency does not mean a detriment to accuracy.
Additionally, you can continue to narrow down your search results by identifying the specific type of test you feel is needed for the situation. These tests, also referred to as drug panels, are categorized by the substances for which they find:
- 5-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, and opiates
- 6-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, and benzodiazepines
- 7-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates
- 8-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and methamphetamines
- 9-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, and methadone
- 10-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, and methaqualone
- 12-panel drug tests find marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, methaqualone, propoxyphene, ecstasy, and excessive opiate and opioid abuse
Feeling overwhelmed? Not to worry. You always have an outlet to reach out to with any questions about addiction recovery and resources available to you and your loved ones. The best part is that the call can be made 24/7 without divulging your identity. Contact The Recovery Village
today and learn how to incorporate drug testing centers and facilities in your support network.