Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Spokane, Washington
With an estimated 54 million Americans battling with mental illness every year, the need for awareness and treatment is continually on the rise. Spokane, Washington residents are not exempt from mental illness and, luckily, there are many treatment options here. Working with a mental health counselor or a program at a mental health facility can be very helpful to learn to live with and manage disorders like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or other mental illnesses.
Therapy sessions are beneficial to most anyone dealing with a mental disorder but can be especially helpful to those with a dual diagnosis, such as a mental illness combined with a substance use disorder in Spokane like alcoholism. Often these go hand-in-hand, and mental health facilities in Spokane are adept at helping people learn to let go of the addiction and find healthier ways to cope with mental illness.
Mental Health Facilities in Spokane, Washington
With all the options in Spokane for mental health facilities, it may be hard to decipher which one is best for your situation. Depending on a person’s mental health history, whether there is substance abuse, and what their goals are, some treatment options will be better than others. Here is some information on the different types of mental health care in Spokane:
- Inpatient mental health facilities: This involves a short-term, on-site stay with around-the-clock care when mental illness is acute. Perhaps patients face a risk of harming themselves or others and close supervision is necessary. Some disorders that may need this type of care are bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, or schizophrenia. If you need help locating inpatient care, please contact The Recovery Village for information and recommendations.
- Residential mental health facilities: This is similar to inpatient care as it involves on-site treatment and close/constant supervision. If a disorder such as schizophrenia, clinical depression, severe bipolar disorder, or something else is severe and complex, this may be the most effective setting. Here, the patient can participate in group therapy, structured counseling, and medication management. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator can be a helpful resource in locating a residential facility.
- Long-term mental health facilities: With long-term care, the treatment will be more extensive than other types of care, and the patient can receive benefits not available in short-term care. Some things the patient will get help with are building self-sufficiency and working on independence in the safety of a therapeutic community.
You can use the SAMHSA treatment locator to help find the right center for you. Spokane treatment centers can help those suffering from mental disorders, which can be debilitating and isolating. If you are also struggling with coinciding addiction, The Recovery Village can help. Please reach out to us for more information.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Spokane mental health hospitals can help by providing immediate stabilization when the mental illness becomes severe and dangerous. If there is a danger of harm (suicide, homicide, self-harm or other), hospitalization may be the best choice. Here, the patient can be closely monitored while being stabilized. Seeking this type of care can be voluntary or at the recommendation or insistence of a relative or mental health counselor.
Mental health hospitals can offer necessary crisis aversion and medication management. Mental health hospitals in Spokane offer the type of care that can meet immediate needs taking patients out of life-threatening situations due to mental illness.
To find a mental health hospital in Spokane, you can use these resources:
- Your doctor: Your primary care doctor is probably familiar with your history and situation and has the resources to recommend a mental health hospital in Spokane that will be best for your personal needs.
- Your insurance provider: Speaking with someone at your insurance company can help you find a hospital and program that falls within your insurance plan.
- A mental health counselor: A mental health counselor can help you find the right place for treatment and, if affiliated there, can continue working with you during your stay.
- The Recovery Village: Our caring associates can help you find the best treatment for your immediate needs.
Other resources include:
- SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI
- The Crisis Text Line at 741741
Mental Health Programs Spokane
With levels of care ranging from inpatient, residential, hospitalization, and outpatient, you can find what you need in Spokane. There is a solution for everyone depending on the history and severity of mental health, the goals for treatment, and any co-occurring substance abuse issues.
Counselors and intake coordinators can help you at The Recovery Village. Whether you are seeking help for yourself or a loved one, the first step to learning to manage mental illness may be a phone call to The Recovery Village. We can help with your mental health, knowing the goal is management to live a fulfilling, happy life. With a variety of options, there is a solution for everyone.
Mental Health Counselor Spokane, WA
Mental illness can get to a debilitating level and be very hard to manage alone. A mental health counselor can help someone learn how to manage the effects and cope with conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, and other mental illnesses. Plenty of options for counselors are available in Spokane, and you can reach out to The Recovery Village for help, especially when addiction plays a role too.
Mental illness is a heavy load to carry alone. Please reach out to us and let our caring staff and counselors at The Recovery Village help you through this.