Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Lakewood, Washington
In the United States, up to 54 million struggle with mental illnesses every year. If you or any of your loved ones are battling an illness in the shape of depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder in Lakewood, Washington, take comfort in the fact that there many mental health facilities and programs available in the area.
It is not uncommon for mental illness and substance use disorders like alcoholism to intertwine with one another. As a result, many substance abuse treatment programs in Lakewood incorporate mental health counseling. This guide can be used as an overview of the different mental health programs and centers across Lakewood.
Mental Health Facilities in Lakewood, Washington
Mental health facilities in Lakewood are available in multiple places throughout the city for those who need these services. When you need mental health services, it is important that you know the different types of care available to you. There are important factors to take into consideration such as any substance abuse issues, your mental health history, and your goals for counseling. If you do an online search for “mental health facilities near me,” you may come across the following facilities:
- Inpatient mental health facilities: This type of care is used to treat acute mental illnesses. Clients are required to stay on-site for a short period of time so they can benefit from immediate stabilization to ensure they do not harm themselves or those around them. Inpatient mental health facilities can help people struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizoaffective disorder, major depression, and bipolar disorder.
- Residential mental health facilities: Residential care is used to treat clients who are struggling with severe types of mental illnesses. These facilities are open to people who are struggling with illnesses like clinical depression, schizophrenia, and severe bipolar disorder. At residential mental health facilities, patients can partake in group therapy, structured counseling sessions, and medication management plans. You can use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator in your search for “residential mental health facilities near me”.
- Long-term mental health facilities: The care provided at a long-term facility is not available at mental health hospitals in Lakewood or at short-term facilities. With long-term care, patients are often treated for 12 months or more within a therapeutic community, where they work on improving their independence and self-sufficiency.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
At the mental health hospitals in Lakewood, patients can receive immediate stabilization for an extreme mental illness. Lakewood mental health hospitals can help residents of the city who need close monitoring or supervision to prevent them from harming themselves and others around them. Lakewood residents can check in involuntarily or by the request of a relative or licensed professional.
Short-term programming is provided at Lakewood mental health hospitals to help people manage acute cases of mental illnesses. At these hospitals, a Lakewood mental health counselor can work with patients on medication management and crisis-aversion. Lakewood mental health hospitals can provide immediate assistance to people who need to be taken out of life-threatening situations as a direct result of their mental illness.
To find the appropriate mental health hospital for your needs:
- Talk to your doctor: As your doctor will be familiar with your mental health history, he or she will be in a strong position to refer you to a suitable Lakewood mental health hospital.
- Contact your insurance provider: Your insurance company will be able to tell you which mental health hospitals in Lakewood are within your insurance network.
- Consult with a mental health counselor: A Lakewood mental health counselor will be up to speed on the mental health hospitals in your area.
- Call The Recovery Village: If you need help researching “mental health hospitals near me”, our associates are more than happy to provide you with the information you need.
SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator is also a useful resource for mental health hospitals in the Lakewood area. Additionally, you can contact these hotlines for information on mental health hospitals near you:
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: 1-800-950-NAMI.
Mental Health Programs Lakewood
If you or someone close to you could benefit from mental health programs, then Lakewood has you covered. Lakewood mental health counselors are available throughout the city and patients have options of care ranging from inpatient, residential, hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient programs.
Lakewood mental health counselors tailor their approach to accommodate each clients’ unique circumstances. The appropriate mental health counseling program for each person will depend on their goals for treatment, substance abuse issues, and mental health history.
There are intake coordinators and crisis counselors that Lakewood residents can speak with to help them locate a mental health hospital in their area. In addition, The Recovery Village can provide information on dual-diagnosis programs to for those who need help treating a substance abuse issue on top of a mental health issue.
Mental Health Counselor Lakewood, WA
Mental illness can be debilitating. Mental health counseling programs can help manage the effects of tough illnesses such as depression and anxiety. An online search for “mental health counselor near me” will provide you with a list of Lakewood mental health counselors.
You can also reach out to the Lakewood hotline representatives who can provide you with information on mental health counselors in the area. Sometimes it can be difficult for people to open up about their mental health; for this reason, there is also a Crisis Text Line at 741741 that can be used to make contact with a Lakewood representative.
As mental health and addiction disorders can often go hand-in-hand, specialists at The Recovery Village are available to provide information on the co-occurring treatment available to treat these disorders. Give us a call today and let’s take this important first step together. We are more than happy to help.