Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Kirkland, Washington
“All men by nature desire knowledge.” Aristotle said that, and when it comes to substance abuse, drug testing gives you the knowledge needed to make informed decisions. There is an addiction crisis in America, and it can affect your employees, your friends, and your loved ones. If you are concerned about an employee’s substance abuse or a loved one’s addiction, Kirkland drug testing centers provide the answers you need.
There are many signs of substance abuse, and fear of drug testing can be one of them. If someone you know is battling addiction, The Recovery Village can provide information about drug testing centers and addiction recovery programs in Kirkland and surrounding areas. We provide all levels of care to help those struggling with substance abuse.
Individuals and companies may use a drug test center for many reasons. Drug testing centers in Kirkland can help with any of the following:
- Pre-employment Screening: As a business owner, you may require drug testing as a condition of employment.
- Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If employees cannot perform their jobs and exhibit signs of substance abuse, an employer may require drug testing.
- Annual Physicals: Some companies include drug testing in employees’ annual physical exams.
- Post-Accident: When a workplace accident occurs, drug testing may be ordered to rule out substance abuse as the cause.
- Post-Treatment: After completing a rehabilitation program for substance abuse, follow-up drug testing may be required by the treatment facility, employers, or law enforcement.
- Sports: Often, collegiate, amateur, and pro athletes are subjected to random alcohol and drug testing to ensure safe and fair competition.
- Probation: Individuals on probation may be subjected to ongoing drug testing. A failed drug test may result in incarceration.
- School: Some middle schools and high schools conduct random drug testing, to keep campuses safe and drug-free.
Kirkland Drug Testing Centers
Drug tests administered by Kirkland drug testing centers differ according to the type of drugs being screened, and the type of specimen that is used. Five-panel drug tests are typically used by Kirkland drug testing centers to screen for marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). Some Kirkland drug testing centers also issue more powerful tests to screen for benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and ethanol (alcohol).
The most typical specimens used for drug testing include:
- Urine: Urine is commonly used because the test is inexpensive and noninvasive. After ingestion of a substance, metabolites are produced and excreted through the urine. Measuring metabolite levels accurately screens for drug or alcohol use.
- Saliva: Saliva tests are the second most common type of drug testing used by Kirkland drug testing centers. Saliva tests are fast and non-invasive, but saliva testing can only detect substances used within a narrow span of time.
- Hair: Metabolites created after digestion circulate through blood vessels in the scalp and are deposited into the hair. Because metabolites remain in the hair indefinitely, this type of drug test is considered a permanent record of substance use.
- Blood: Blood testing is the most precise method of drug testing. However, blood testing is not commonly used by Kirkland drug testing centers because it is invasive and costly.
- Perspiration: Perspiration drug testing is a newer method of screening and is conducted by securing a sweat patch to the skin. The patch absorbs perspiration for a period of two weeks and detects any substances ingested during that time. When the test is completed, the patch is evaluated by a drug test facility.
When evaluating drug testing facilities in Kirkland, it is important to find one that is reliable. Reliable drug testing facilities in Kirkland share the following characteristics:
- Experienced: A professional drug testing facility offers seamless procedures and accurate results.
- Accurate: When it comes to drug testing, accuracy is imperative. Selecting a drug testing center certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) ensures clear and accurate test results. You will find HHS certified laboratories by consulting the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) comprehensive list.
- Private: Positive drug test results can damage reputations, personally and professionally. Therefore, it is important to use a drug testing facility that never shares results with unauthorized individuals.
- Fast: Reputable drug testing facilities in Kirkland yield fast, dependable test results.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Searching online for “drug testing facilities near me” can help you find drug testing facilities in Kirkland. You can narrow your search results by reviewing the criteria for reliable drug testing facilities and by reading client reviews that may be included in your results. Other resources for finding “drug testing centers near me” include:
Your Doctor: Ask your family physician if he can recommend you to a reliable drug testing center. Your primary care doctor is familiar with family members’ medical history and can steer you in the right direction.
Health Insurance Provider: Your health insurance carrier can help you locate drug testing facilities that fit your coverage. This can lessen the cost of testing.
The Recovery Village: We can help you locate fast, reliable Kirkland drug testing centers. Representatives can answer your questions, and provide valuable information about local drug testing facilities, drug counseling, and rehabilitation programs. Call The Recovery Village for more information.