Substance Abuse Counseling in Kent, Washington
Few things will make more of a difference for those struggling with substance use disorder than substance abuse counseling. It can be a powerful tool to help someone on the road to recovery. Substance abuse counseling in Kent, Washington helps individuals identify and understand the psychological issues, emotional factors, and behavioral patterns that may be contributing to their battle with addiction. Because it is such an effective tool, substance abuse counseling is often a cornerstone of addiction treatment programs in Kent and surrounding areas.
Kent, WA Addiction Counseling
A counselor’s role will involve listening to the individual, helping them in times of crisis and offering guidance as they embark on the road to recovery. Counselors are licensed, certified professionals who are trained in:
- Human behavior
- Chemical therapy
- Therapeutic methods
Understanding the root causes of addiction, including any physical and psychological issues that may be a contributing factor, is always one of the main goals of the therapy process.
Substance abuse counseling may include:
- Attending group therapy sessions
- Developing treatment goals and plans
- Learning positive coping mechanisms
- Receiving recommendations for 12-step programs or support groups
- Setting up aftercare or sober living plans
- Establishing a career and finding employment
When looking for a substance abuse counselor in Kent, Washington, you should find someone who is trustworthy, compassionate, and understanding, and someone who will be there to assist and offer sound advice at every stage of the recovery process.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
A local, licensed drug counselor can be an invaluable help in a person’s recovery from drug addiction, regardless of whether he or she is battling an addiction to opiates, stimulants, narcotics, or prescription medication. This process will often involve listening, helping the person identify contributing factors, recommending support groups and helping the person enroll in a 12-step program to aid in long-term recovery. Whatever the person needs, finding a local counselor who is intimately familiar with local resources is essential to the healing process.
There is a wide range of counselors in the Kent area, with a variety of services, experiences, and credentials. If you are looking for a licensed drug counselor, rest assured that you can find one that will meet your needs.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Similar to a drug counselor, a local, certified alcohol counselor assists people battling with alcohol addiction. This includes helping individuals at every stage of addiction, from those struggling on a daily basis to those who have been on the road to recovery for some time.
It is important to receive the very best help possible, regardless of where you are in the recovery process. The National Association for Addiction Professionals provides a certification system to ensure clients receive the level of help and care they deserve, with administrators, counselors, and social workers required to be licensed by the state in order to become certified.
Drug Addiction Counselor Kent, WA
No matter where people are in their recovery process, talking about their addiction, identifying the root causes and discussing the impact it has had on them and their loved ones can be an invaluable part of their recovery. Drug addiction counselors offer a safe, judgment-free environment for a person to discuss his or her addiction and come to terms with these factors.
Finding the right counselor in Kent, Washington, can be quite the challenge, due to the many options and services provided. The Recovery Village can help you or a loved one find the right option for you. Call us for assistance in taking the first step toward a healthier, drug-free life.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
If you or any of your loved ones are seeking help, there are a number of factors to help you find the counselor that is the best fit for you. Some of these may be:
- Insurance Coverage. Finding a therapist that accepts your insurance coverage can help alleviate much of the stress associated with seeking treatment.
- 24-hour Hotlines. The Recovery Village provides 24-hour hotlines for alcohol and drug misuse to help you find information on local resources.
- Doctor’s Recommendations. Medical experts often refer patients to qualified drug and alcohol counseling services and may have the best insight into what local counselors can provide the best help for a specific patient.
- Online Referrals. An online search may help locate local therapists, as well as customer reviews of their services.
- Personal Recommendations. One of the best sources of information is from people you know who have already gone through the process.
You can also call The Recovery Village to speak to a representative about counseling options in Kent. Talking with someone may be just what you need to start the process toward a happier life.