Substance Abuse Counseling in Federal Way, Washington
There is a way out of addiction. When you are caught in the downward spiral of addiction, you may feel as though there is nothing that you or anyone else can do to stop it. Substance abuse is all-consuming and can leave you feeling hopelessly stuck. But there is a way out. Substance abuse counseling helps many people step out of the cycle of addiction and into a successful recovery.
A substance abuse counselor in Federal Way is similar to a therapist and is important for recovery. Substance abuse counseling can help you understand the underlying reason for your addiction and support you mentally and emotionally. The Recovery Village can help you find substance abuse counselors and substance abuse programs in Federal Way to help you step into recovery.
Federal Way, WA Addiction Counseling
An addiction counselor meets regularly with clients to help them work through their struggles with addiction. A drug and alcohol counselor is trained in the areas of psychology, chemical therapy, therapeutic methods, and human behavior. These credentials qualify counselors to support you throughout rehabilitation, and your counselor’s role may change as you move through recovery.
Components of substance abuse counseling include:
- Developing treatment goals and plans
- Attending group therapy
- Learning new and positive coping strategies
- Receiving referrals for 12-step support
- Arranging aftercare and sober living plans
- Re-establishing your career
- Finding employment
An addiction counselor in Federal Way offers compassion and support for you before, during, and after rehabilitation. Finding a qualified drug and alcohol counselor that you like and trust can help you achieve success in recovery.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
Drug addiction can destroy your life. A certified drug counselor can help if you are battling an addiction to narcotics, stimulants, opiates, or prescription drugs. A drug counselor offers support and guidance and can also identify any co-existing mental health issues you may be experiencing. A substance abuse counselor in Federal Way can guide you through rehabilitation and refer you to treatment facilities, 12-step programs, or group support to assist in your recovery.
A good resource to locate qualified drug abuse counselors in Federal Way is the Psychology Today database. Here you will find many local substance abuse counselors listed by credentials, experience, and services they provide.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Alcohol abuse affects many lives. If you are struggling with addiction to alcohol, a certified alcohol and drug counselor can provide support to help you enter treatment and achieve sobriety. A substance abuse counselor helps by meeting with you regularly and by referring you to 12-step programs and group support.
When looking for an addiction counselor, you will want to find the best counseling available. The National Association for Addiction Professionals provides certification for substance abuse counselors in your area. The association requires state licensure for all substance abuse counselors, social workers, and administrators prior to receiving certification. Therefore, finding an addiction counselor in Federal Way who is certified by the association ensures you are receiving the best care possible.
Drug Addiction Counselor Federal Way, WA
By providing a safe space for you to share your struggles with addiction, an addiction counselor supports you through all stages of recovery. Sharing your battles and burdens with someone who offers compassion and understanding can help you reach your goal of sobriety. An addiction counselor in Federal Way can explore the root cause of your addiction and also help you with any co-occurring mental or emotional disorders.
Sorting through the many options available for drug and alcohol counseling can take time. The Recovery Village can help you locate substance abuse programs and a reputable substance abuse counselor in Federal Way. Contact us for information about substance abuse counseling in your area.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
There are several ways to locate local substance abuse counselors, including:
- Health Insurance Provider: Check with your health insurance provider for a list of certified substance abuse counselors in Federal Way. Locating an addiction counselor who accepts your insurance can reduce the cost of receiving professional help.
- Doctor’s Recommendations: Your doctor has experience working with others battling substance abuse and can help you find a qualified addiction counselor in Federal Way.
- Personal Recommendations: Ask your friends if they have worked with a local substance abuse counselor. Personal recommendations can help you find a counselor that may be a good fit for you.
- Online Referrals: Search engines like Google may include client reviews in your search results. Client testimonials can help you find a qualified substance abuse counselor in Federal Way.
- 24-hour Hot Lines: The Recovery Village has 24-hour substance abuse hotlines for alcohol: 1-800-252-6465 and drug: 1-800-821-4357 addiction and recovery.
You can find your way out of addiction. Call The Recovery Village. We can answer your questions about detoxification and help you find substance abuse counseling programs in your area.