Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Federal Way, Washington
Sometimes the beauty of the Pacific Northwest can seem like an escape from the ugly side of the world. Unfortunately, Federal Way is just as susceptible to the horrors of alcohol and drug addiction as the rest of the United States. Having multiple avenues of support and accountability help to ensure you or your recovering loved one maintain sobriety. Substance abuse treatment in Federal Way is just the beginning of the long road to recovery. One method of accountability that can be infused into your network of support is the use of Federal Way drug testing centers and facilities.
Federal Way Drug Testing Centers
Federal Way drug testing centers can not only assist in providing accountability for recovery but help with a plethora of situations, including:
- Probation and Parole Enforcement: Many jurisdictions enforce a strict drug-free policy for offenders who are offered the opportunity for parole and probation. Random drug screening is par for the course in these legal situations.
- Pre-Employment Testing: It is becoming an industry standard for applicants to have to agree to and pass a pre-employment drug screen as part of the application process. Random drug tests may also be part of a company’s culture and be required throughout employment.
- Accountability After Treatment: One of the most meaningful uses of a drug test center is to help recovering addicts have a sense of responsibility for maintaining sobriety and have a tool to empirically prove that no substances are being used.
These are just a few of the many applications of Federal Way drug testing centers. If you would like to learn more about how you and your loved ones can use the services of drug testing centers and access other great recovery tools, you may always reach out to The Recovery Village.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
While it is a good start to type into an internet search “drug testing facilities near me” or “drug testing centers near me”, you should take your search a step further and find out more specifics that are applicable to your situation. One way to do this is to ensure your final list of drug testing facilities in Federal Way includes locations that offer the type of drug test, or drug screen, for which you are searching. The most common types of drug tests are:
- Blood Test: Your chosen drug test facility will be able to ascertain the most complete and extensive information on substances consumed by the person being tested through the use of a blood drug test. This comes with the tradeoff of a blood test being more invasive than other types of tests, like urine and saliva.
- Urine Test: Urine tests are probably the most common and most well-known of all drug tests. Urine tests are often utilized in pre-employment screening and court-ordered drug tests due to their noninvasive nature and the broad spectrum of substances which can be screened.
- Saliva Test: Quick and easy, a saliva test is best suited in situations that involve a person who is believed to be currently under the influence, as the test can only detect recently ingested substances.
- Hair Follicle Test: Since hair follicles grow by being fed through blood vessels, they become the body’s record book of anything ingested over extensive lengths of time. These tests can go back the furthest in a person’s history of substance abuse.
- Perspiration Test: The newest addition to a drug test facility’s lineup, this test requires the person being tested to wear a patch for a couple of weeks to monitor what is secreted through the sweat glands.
Once you have determined your “short list” of drug testing facilities in Federal Way that meet your needs for the type of tests offered, you should also make sure some industry standards are met. Using drug testing facilities requires your personal health information to be given, and this is something that should only be handled with the utmost confidentiality and security. This can be provided if the drug testing centers employ staff who are professional and certified. The mismanagement of test specimens can result in false positives or inconclusive results. In legal situations, this can be incredibly harmful to the individual and their families. An accurate drug test facility is an absolutely necessary requirement. Lastly, you can have all of these great features in a drug test facility that is rapid in its processes. You do not need to sacrifice an entire day to have a productive and successful experience at drug testing centers in Federal Way.
Feeling overwhelmed? Do not fret; this is not uncommon. It is a lot to take in between the different types of tests and the other attributes for which to search. Luckily, you do not have to navigate the drug test facility options alone. There are mental health professionals available to answer your questions 24/7 about Federal Way drug testing centers and other recovery resources. Contact The Recovery Village to learn more about drug testing and other addiction treatment resources in Federal Way.