Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Bellingham, Washington
Right now the U.S. is in the middle of a serious drug epidemic, and Bellingham, Washington is not immune to the problem. Many people in and around Bellingham are struggling with drug addiction.
As a result of this epidemic, reliable drug screening facilities have become increasingly important. Individuals, employers, and law enforcement require drug testing centers for a wide range of reasons, which makes finding a good facility in Bellingham essential.
Those who are looking for a drug testing facility can speak with a Bellingham representative to find one that is best suited for their particular circumstances. If someone is nervous about having a drug test done, that could be a tell-tale sign that the person may have a problem with drugs. If this sounds like someone you know – or even yourself – there are addiction treatment facilities near Bellingham to help with treatment and recovery. Reach out to The Recovery Village today to find out more about how we can help.
Bellingham Drug Testing Centers
If you are in search of a Bellingham drug testing center, there are many options available in and around the area. That being said, choosing the right one could be difficult because of all the options out there.
What you should know is that the tests that drug testing centers administer will vary based on a couple of factors, including the types of drugs and the types of specimens collected. Most drug tests look for five different categories of drugs, namely, amphetamines, phencyclidine, cocaine, marijuana, and opiates. Some Bellingham drug testing centers may also administer tests that are more powerful to measure other categories of drugs, such as barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and ethanol.
The types of specimens that are collected for drug tests can include:
- Urine – The more common type of specimen collected, urine is easy to collect and is non-invasive. This specimen is able to detect drugs in the system by measuring metabolites in the urine, which is what is created by the metabolism when a drug is consumed. The metabolites are then excreted through the urine.
- Saliva – The next most common specimen collected is saliva, thanks to its ease of collection and non-invasive nature. But despite being quick and easy to collect, it only provides a very short window of time before drugs or alcohol will not be detected.
- Blood – Although blood provides the most accurate results, it is also expensive to collect because of how invasive blood tests typically are.
- Hair – Once a drug is consumed, the metabolites that are created enter the bloodstream and vessels of the scalp. They are then filtered out through the hair and stay present in it, which allows hair drug testing to provide a permanent record of drug use.
- Sweat – Testing a person’s sweat requires the individual to wear a patch on the skin for a couple of weeks. Once the patch is removed, it is analyzed at a drug testing center to test for the presence of drugs that have been excreted through a person’s perspiration.
The best drug testing facilities in Bellingham share a few important characteristics with each other:
- Accuracy – Drug testing centers should always provide highly accurate results, as these results could have a significant impact on a person’s life. They should all be certified with the Department of Health and Human Services. You can check with the comprehensive list from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to find certified centers across the nation.
- Confidentiality. Since the results of a drug test could significantly impact a person’s life, it is imperative that they are kept private.
- Speed – Drug test results are usually required very quickly, so the faster they can be obtained, the better.
- Experience – Going through a drug test from an experienced facility will mean that you can depend on the results and be confident the process will be streamlined and professional.
There are plenty of reasons why a person would want to find Bellingham drug testing centers, and some of the more common situations include the following:
- Before getting hired by a company;
- As part of an annual physical at work;
- To rule out drugs or alcohol as a factor in an accident;
- If there is cause for suspicion that an employee is under the influence;
- After a person has completed drug or alcohol rehab;
- When a person has been placed on probation;
- To ensure a drug-free school environment;
- To make sure all athletes are free of drugs.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
It is possible to find a Bellingham drug testing center near you, and finding one is easier than you might think. By assessing each facility based on specific requirements and talking to the right people, you can find reliable Bellingham drug testing facilities in your area. Here are a few resources you may want to consult with to find a drug screening center suitable for you:
- Your doctor
- Your insurance agent
- Your friends or family members
- Online reviews
- The Recovery Village
Bellingham hotline representatives at The Recovery Village are always available to help you find the right drug testing center near you to satisfy your needs. Reach out today to speak with a representative for more information.