Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Middletown, Ohio
Ohio has become an epicenter of the drug crisis, and sadly, Middletown is no exception. The need for reliable drug testing centers and facilities continues to grow. Having access to safe and secure drug testing facilities means that employees, loved ones, and people struggling with addiction can receive the treatment that they need in substance abuse programs in Middletown.
Use this guide to help you find reliable drug testing facilities in Middletown, as well as learn more about how drug tests work and why somebody might need one.
Middletown Drug Testing Centers
There is a broad range of options available when it comes to drug testing, so it is important to understand your own needs before choosing a facility. Testing done at certified drug testing facilities are generally determined by two factors:
- The type of drugs being detected
- The specimens collected for testing
Most drug screenings use what is commonly referred to as the ‘5-panel drug test,’ which tests for five different categories of drugs such as amphetamines, cocaine, PCP, opiates, and marijuana. Some Middletown drug testing centers may offer other, stronger tests to detect drugs like alcohol, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines. Depending on the goal of the drug test and the number of drugs being tested for, drug testing facilities may collect more than one type of specimen from you.
Here are the specimens most often collected by drug testing centers in Middletown:
Blood – It is universally agreed that blood samples offer the most accurate results of a drug test. However, collecting blood is considered an invasive procedure and can be quite expensive to collect and test, so it is not collected as often as other specimens.
Urine – This is by far the most commonly collected specimen at drug testing facilities in America. Easy to collect and to test, urine can provide a fairly accurate picture of somebody’s recent drug use. As your body metabolizes drugs or alcohol, they are transformed into ‘metabolites’ and some end up in the urine. Drug tests can then detect these metabolites and determine which drugs and how much of those drugs were consumed.
Saliva – The second most commonly collected specimen, saliva is also easy to gather and test. However, ingested drugs can only be detected in saliva for a brief window of time, meaning time is of the essence when it comes to using saliva as a test specimen.
Hair – Metabolites containing trace amounts of ingested drugs move throughout the body through the bloodstream. As the blood enters your scalp, some of those metabolites are filtered out into your hair, where they stay indefinitely. This creates a permanent record of your drug use, and Middletown drug testing facilities can use hair specimens to determine the most recent type of drug ingested and the amount.
Perspiration – A relatively new form of drug testing, collecting perspiration requires sticking a type of patch onto somebody’s body and leaving it for up to two weeks. During that time, the patch collects sweat from the person’s skin. Professionals at a drug testing facility can then examine the patch and determine recent drug use.
There are a number of reasons why somebody might seek out a reliable drug testing facility. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Pre-employment: Some employers will require drug testing as part of the application process for a position.
- Annual Physical: Drug testing may be incorporated as part of an annual physical exam.
- For Cause/Reasonable Suspicion: If an employer suspects an employee of being under the influence at work, employers can order a drug test to determine whether or not their suspicions are correct.
- Post-Accident: Following a workplace accident, employers may require those involved to undergo drug testing to determine whether drugs may have contributed to the accident.
- After Rehabilitation: As part of the recovery process, people who have completed addiction treatment may be required to undergo regular drug testing in order to have continued access to treatment options.
- Conditional: Drug testing may be required as part of parole or probation conditions.
- Athletes: Some sports teams may require their players to undergo regular drug testing to comply with rules and regulations of the game.
- Schools: Some schools have implemented drug testing of students and teachers in order to ensure a safe learning environment for everybody.
Regardless of your reasons for seeking a drug testing facility in Middletown, there are a number of options available for you to access.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When searching for Middletown drug testing facilities, it is crucial that you find one that both suits your needs and has a sterling reputation. While every drug testing facility is different, there are a few common characteristics shared by the best centers:
- Experience – Choosing a drug testing facility that has experience means that you can trust their process and the results that they deliver.
- Accuracy – Since the results of a drug test can have significant, even life-changing repercussions, it is critical that you can trust the accuracy of drug test results.
- Speed – Again, due to the potentially life-changing effects drug test results can have, getting your results in a timely manner is incredibly important.
- Privacy – Your personal information and the results of your drug tests should be kept secure and confidential by the drug testing facility. Sharing that information with third parties could have damaging consequences on your life; ensure that the drug testing facility has proper security plans in place to protect your information.
There are a number of ways for you to find reliable, safe, and professional drug-testing facilities in Middletown starting today. Try one of these suggested methods to begin your search:
- Talk to your doctor
- Ask a friend
- Look for online reviews
- Call your insurance provider
You can also get in touch with The Recovery Village. Our phone lines are staffed 24/7 by experienced intake coordinators who have extensive knowledge of local resources. They can connect you right away with drug testing centers in Middletown and can offer additional supports that are locally available. Every phone call is free, and every conversation is 100 percent confidential. Call us today to start your search.