Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in West Palm Beach, Florida
As is the case across the state of Florida, the city of West Palm Beach is battling a drug crisis. This deadly trend gives rise to a personal and professional need for drug testing facilities in this area. Although finding dependable drug testing centers can be hard, plenty of resources are available to direct organizations, individuals, and those with loved ones suffering from addiction in West Palm Beach onto the path of recovery.
Does the thought of having drug testing done fill you or one of your employees or loved ones with dread? That feeling could be one of the first signs of a substance use disorder. One of a large selection of treatment centers near West Palm Beach can assist you in navigating your problems effectively, including The Recovery Village. Contact an intake coordinator today for more information.
West Palm Beach Drug Testing Centers
Keep in mind that West Palm Beach has many options available regarding local drug testing facilities. However, you must do your due diligence to discern the best testing center for your unique needs.
Testing provided at drug testing centers usually depends on two important factors: the kinds of drugs tested as well as the kinds of specimens collected. The majority of drug screenings typically assess five drug categories: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, phencyclidine, and opiates.
Some West Palm Beach drug testing centers may utilize stronger tests that assess other drug categories, such as barbiturates, ethanol, and benzodiazepines. The strength of each test and number of substances tested for will vary based on the purpose of the assessment. Different specimen types may be extracted based on the objective of the drug test.
Drug testing may collect the following specimens:
- Urine: Urine is the most common kind of specimen drug testing centers collect. Its wide use is based on the presence of metabolites, or metabolic structures produced after any substance is ingested, which is excreted from the body through urine. It is a popular test become it is easy and non-invasive.
- Saliva: This is the second most common specimen collected at West Palm Beach drug testing centers. The primary reason is that the test is quick and non-invasive. On the other hand, this test evaluates drug use within a short amount of time, so it must be completed fast.
- Blood: This specimen is seldom collected because it is expensive and invasive to perform the procedure. However, blood testing provides the most accurate results for assessing drug and alcohol use.
- Hair: After ingesting a drug, metabolites enter the blood vessels of the scalp and are dispersed through hair strands. These metabolites usually stay present in the hair, which provides more permanent evidence of a person’s drug use than any of the other tests performed.
- Perspiration: Sweat testing is a newer procedure of drug testing. This requires the attachment of a sweat patch to the skin for a couple of weeks. During this time, the patch detects the excretion of drugs through perspiration. After receiving the patch at drug testing facilities, West Palm Beach medical professionals carefully evaluate it.
What factors determine whether you should use one facility over another? Learn about a few common characteristics that dependable drug testing centers possess:
- Accurate: Testing results are easy to understand and provide the right information. The most convenient way to evaluate the accuracy of a center’s test is by searching for certification from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Also, review the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s complete list of HHS certified national laboratories to find one near you.
- Private: It is understandable that drug test results can hurt the personal and professional reputation of an individual. Therefore, drug testing facilities in West Palm Beach must not disclose results to unauthorized people.
- Fast: Time is a huge factor involved in the drug testing process, and it must be used wisely. Ensure that the drug testing facility you use can deliver your results in a quick fashion, regardless of the reason you need them.
- Qualified: A qualified testing center will offer you smooth and competent service that will not leave you second-guessing your decision.
People utilize West Palm Beach drug testing centers for a number of reasons, both personal and professional.
- Pre-employment: Drug testing may be a prerequisite for employment. If this is the case, job candidates must pass a drug test before being hired at a company.
- Yearly Physical: Some employers require employees to have testing done for alcohol or drug use as part of an annual physical assessment.
- For Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: Employers may require problematic employees to get tested for drugs if drug use is a suspected influence of bad behavior.
- Post-accident: Employees involved in workplace accidents may be required to take a drug test to determine if they were under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident.
- Post-treatment: Companies, treatment providers, or law enforcement officials may require individuals to complete a drug test to prove the discontinuation of alcohol or drug use after finishing a rehabilitation program.
- Probation: Probation requirements include regular drug testing. Individuals who fail this testing may be incarcerated.
- Sports: Participation in sports activities may require regular drug and alcohol tests. This protects the health and integrity of athletes.
- School: Certain middle and high schools may randomly choose students to take drug tests to maintain a drug-free environment.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Finding reliable drug testing facilities in West Palm Beach is easier than you may think. The key is evaluating each facility based on essential criteria as well as consulting trustworthy resources for recommendations. Take advantage of the following tips to make the most of your search:
- Speak with your doctor. Your primary care physician can provide quality recommendations for drug testing centers in West Palm Beach based on familiarity with your medical history and the reason behind your drug test.
- Contact your insurance provider. Speak with a representative at your health insurance company to find a covered drug testing facility.
- Do a simple Google search. This can quickly provide you with a list of local facilities along with contact information.
However, the easiest way to find a reputable drug testing center in West Palm Beach is to simply call The Recovery Village. We provide guidance about which drug facilities to use in the area, as well as guidance regarding what to do if substance use is revealed. Contact a representative today for more information.