Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Pompano Beach, Florida
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, it is estimated that tens of millions of Americans suffer from some kind of mental illness each year yet, alarmingly, only half receive treatment. Unfortunately, Pompano Beach, Florida is no exception to this trend. Whether a person is struggling with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or other illnesses, seeking help from a mental health counselor in Pompano Beach may be both effective and necessary.
While mental health counseling can be beneficial for anyone suffering from mental illness, the potential benefits are greatly increased with someone suffering from both mental illness and alcoholism or substance use disorder in Pompano Beach, as these conditions often exacerbate each other. Mental health facilities in Pompano Beach, Florida can offer the help necessary to address a variety of conditions, as well as address any inter-connected issues that may be compounding mental illness. If a person is interested in mental health counseling or is considering seeking assistance, this guide can provide invaluable information to aid the decision-making process.
In a Crisis? Get Help Now
If you or someone you know is having a panic or anxiety attack, suicidal thoughts or another type of mental health crisis, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255 or text the Crisis Text Line at 741741. Both lines are free, confidential and available 24 hours a day.
Mental Health Facilities in Pompano Beach, Florida
Pompano Beach, Florida and the surrounding area offers a number of mental health facilities. As with any treatment option, however, it is important to find the one that best fits a person’s needs. Factors to consider are any substance abuse issues, mental health history, and what goals the person hopes to achieve through counseling. If a person searches for “mental health facilities near me,” he or she is likely to see several categories of available options, including:
- Inpatient mental health facilities. Inpatient care is a type of short-term care given in a facility providing around-the-clock care for an acute issue. This is a situation where the person needs stabilization in the aftermath of a mental health crisis or is in danger of hurting themselves or others. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, schizoaffective disorder, or bipolar disorder are just a few of the issues that may be the precipitating cause.
- Residential mental health facilities. Like inpatient facilities, residential care involves living on-site at a treatment center and receiving constant supervision for severe and complex mental illnesses. Unlike inpatient facilities, residential mental health facilities are not aimed at individuals needing immediate stabilization, but individuals who are seeking treatment for ongoing issues. Schizophrenia, clinical depression, severe bipolar disorder, and more can be treated effectively in this manner, and clients can take advantage of medication management plans, group therapy, and structured counseling sessions. If a person is searching for “residential mental health facilities near me,” the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator can help.
- Long-term mental health facilities. Unlike the previous types of treatment, long-term mental health facilities help people who need more extensive care than short-term residential care or Pompano Beach mental health hospitals can provide. These kinds of facilities may offer treatment lasting well over a year, and help clients use techniques that are not available in shorter programs. This includes teaching them to be self-sufficient and independent within their circumstances.
Whatever a person’s specific needs, mental health facilities in Pompano Beach, Florida can help people get the treatment they need to heal from various mental disorders. If you or any of your loved ones are struggling with a combination of substance abuse and mental disorders, call The Recovery Village to get assistance in finding the solution that is right for you.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
If a person is experiencing a mental health crisis or is in immediate danger of harming themselves or others, a Pompano Beach mental health hospital can help stabilize the patient. Treatment usually focuses on short-term crisis management, as well as helping the individual better manage medications to prevent a future crisis.
While such short-term crisis care and management can be undertaken voluntarily or at the insistence of a relative or mental health counselor, the overall goal of short-term care is to help avert the immediate crisis while preparing the individual to seek the long-term care and assistance needed.
Finding Quality Mental Health Hospitals in Pompano Beach
- Talk with your doctor: By being familiar with your mental health history, your primary care doctor can recommend a mental health hospital in Pompano Beach that can meet your needs.
- Contact your insurance provider: Your insurance provider can help you find a mental health hospital that is covered by your plan.
- Consult with a mental health counselor: Pompano Beach has many licensed mental health counselors who can recommend reputable psychiatric units at Pompano Beach mental health hospitals.
- Call The Recovery Village: The Recovery Village can help you find a mental health hospital near you.
You can also consult the SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Calling the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI is another option for finding mental health hospitals in Pompano Beach and the surrounding area.
Mental Health Programs Pompano Beach
There are many mental health programs to choose from in the Pompano Beach area. These include inpatient, outpatient, hospitalization, and residential programs. The right option is one that takes into account your unique mental health history, any substance abuse issues that may be a factor, and your ultimate goals for treatment.
If you are looking for a mental health program in the Pompano Beach area, a therapist or mental health counselor can make recommendations that address your specific needs. If you struggle with substance abuse disorder as well, call The Recovery Village to speak with an associate who can help you find a dual-treatment option that is best for you.
Mental Health Counselor Pompano Beach, FL
Given the nature of mental health disorders, long-term therapy and counseling may be necessary. If you search online for “mental health counselor near me,” you may be inundated with options.
A Pompano Beach hotline representative may be able to help you narrow the choices. If you do not want to speak with someone via telephone, you can text the Crisis Text Line at 741741 to be connected with someone who can help in a crisis. If you are suffering from a combination of mental health and substance abuse disorders, The Recovery Village can help you find a treatment option.