Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Oviedo, Florida
As a consequence of the current drug epidemic crisis, the demand for drug testing facilities in Oviedo, Florida and nationwide has increased. If you or a loved one must undergo testing, or if your business requires a trusted facility to handle employee drug testing, you need to know what your options are. Luckily, there are resources to assist in the search for the facility that meets your needs.
If you have difficulty finding Oviedo drug testing centers, then contact The Recovery Village® to speak with one of our representatives. We can help you find a drug test facility as well as discuss substance abuse treatment options in Oviedo for you or a loved one.
Oviedo Drug Testing Centers
There are many different features available at a drug test center, so it is important to find one that matches your needs. When you search through the Oviedo drug testing facilities, you will find many different options. The following will help you better assess which one best matches your needs.
Why would you need to use one of the Oviedo drug texting centers? There are many different reasons, but some of the most common include:
- Sports: Many sports organizations require their athletes to be drug-free, including from any performance-enhancing drugs. Therefore, you may be required to undertake periodic testing to continue to compete.
- Schools: Some districts implement random drug testing to maintain a drug-free environment in their schools.
- Employment: Many businesses have strict drug guidelines and implement regular drug screenings to ensure employees remain drug-free. In some cases, you may need to do this before starting the job as part of the hiring process.
- Reasonable Suspicion: Some employers may also request employees to take a drug test if they have just cause to suspect that there may be drug use.
- Workplace Accident: After a workplace accident, you may have to undergo testing to rule out the influence of any drugs or alcohol.
- Probation: In some cases, remaining drug-free is part of a probation agreement. In these cases, you will have to take regular screenings to demonstrate your sobriety.
- After Treatment: As part of the aftercare of drug and alcohol treatment, you may need to take random drug screening to demonstrate your continued recovery.
The main two aspects about which to inquire are the tests available and the specimens tested. The most common drug test is a 5-panel test. This screens for the five categories of drugs: cocaine, marijuana, amphetamines, phencyclidine (PCP), and opioids. Drug testing facilities may also provide more comprehensive tests that also screen for alcohol (ethanol), benzodiazepines and barbiturates.
You generally have five options for specimen collection, although urine and saliva are the most commonly collected. Drug testing facilities in Oviedo may offer collection and testing of:
- Urine: Simple to collect and non-invasive, this type of specimen is the most widely used for drug testing. These tests screen for the metabolites that pass through urine are someone ingests a drug.
- Saliva: Saliva is also non-invasive and simple to collect, making it a common specimen for tests. However, test results are valid for a shorter time period, so it is better for testing whether someone is currently under the influence.
- Hair: If you want to know about chronic drug or alcohol use, then a hair sample is the way to go. The metabolites from drug and alcohol use enter the hair, providing a long-term record that may provide evidence of drug use for months or years.
- Perspiration: Many testing facilities have started to provide perspiration testing, which provides a snapshot of two weeks of a person’s life. You wear a special patch which collects sweat for two weeks. Then, the drug testing facility tests the patch for the presence of metabolites.
- Blood: One of the most accurate tests is a blood test. However, this is more invasive and costly, so it is not used as often as urine testing.
When looking for a reliable and trustworthy drug testing center, focus on these four characteristics:
- Experienced: The more often that a center performs a certain type of test, the better and more accurate their results will likely be.
- Private: The results of a drug test have the power to harm a person’s life. Therefore, you want to ensure that the center has strict privacy guidelines so only the authorized individuals can see the results.
- Fast: In many cases, you want a short turnaround of your test. Make sure that the testing center can provide fast results without sacrificing quality.
- Accurate: The most important feature of a testing facility is that it provides accurate results. The Department of Health and Human Services certifies testing centers based on strict criteria, including their accuracy. Search for a certified laboratory through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) list.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
One of the best ways to start looking for drug testing facilitates in Oviedo is to search online for “drug testing centers near me.” However, you will still end up with several options that you must narrow down. The following should help you to streamline your search:
- Ask around: You probably know other people who have needed drug testing, whether as a business looking to implement an employee program or as an individual needing testing for sports or other reasons. Find out whether they have someone they would recommend.
- Doctors: Your physician will be familiar with many different laboratories, including those that screen for drugs. Ask if he or she has one to recommend.
- Insurance Provider: If you plan to pay for your testing through your insurance, then search through their list of covered drug testing facilities.
- Contact The Recovery Village®: Our representatives can help you to find the best option for your situation.
If you or any of your loved ones struggle with substance abuse or addiction, help is available. At The Recovery Village®, we provide a full continuum of care with treatment for all stages of recovery. Contact us today to learn more or to find out about drug testing facilities near you.