Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Orange Park, Florida
Alcohol and drug abuse can ruin a career and destroy a life. Sadly, substance abuse is pandemic in America. If you suspect an employee or a loved one is misusing drugs or alcohol, Orange Park, Florida drug testing centers can help.
It can be difficult to know if someone has a substance use disorder in Orange Park. Behavioral changes are common signs of substance abuse, and fear of drug testing may also be a red flag. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, The Recovery Village can provide information about Orange Park drug testing centers.
You may contact Orange Park drug testing centers to help you with any of the following:
- Pre-employment Testing: It is not uncommon for companies to require drug testing, as a condition of employment.
- Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If an employee is exhibiting signs of substance abuse, an employer may require drug testing.
- Annual Physicals: Some companies require employees to receive annual physical exams, and drug testing may be included.
- Post-Accident: Workplace accidents can happen, and drug testing may be required to exclude substance abuse as the cause.
- Post-Treatment: Individuals who have completed rehabilitation for substance abuse may be required to submit to follow-up drug testing by the facility, employers, or law enforcement.
- Sports: To ensure safety and fairness, professional, collegiate, and amateur athletes may be required to take drug and alcohol tests, on a regular basis.
- Probation: Individuals on probation may be subjected to regular drug and alcohol testing. A failed drug test may result in incarceration.
- School: Some middle and high schools conduct random drug tests, in order to address substance abuse issues, and ensure a drug-free environment.
Orange Park Drug Testing Centers
There are several types of drug tests administered by Orange Park drug testing centers. Testing type is determined by the substance being tested, and the specimen collected. Five-panel drug tests are typically used to screen for marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). Some Orange Park drug testing centers can also test for benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and ethanol (alcohol), but these substances require more powerful testing.
There are different types of specimens utilized for drug testing, including:
- Urine: Urine is commonly tested because it measures metabolites. Metabolites are produced and excreted through urine after ingestion of a substance. Evaluating metabolite levels can accurately determine drug or alcohol use.
- Saliva: Saliva tests are the second most common type of drug testing used by Orange Park drug testing centers. Saliva testing is non-invasive and accurate, but can only detect substances used within a short span of time.
- Hair: Metabolites created after digestion travel through blood vessels in the scalp, and are filtered through the hair. Because these metabolites remain in the hair, this type of drug test can be a permanent record of substance use.
- Blood: Blood specimens yield the most accurate evidence of substance abuse. However, blood testing is not commonly used by Orange Park drug testing centers because it is both expensive and highly invasive.
- Perspiration: Perspiration drug testing is fairly new. Perspiration tests are conducted by affixing a sweat patch to the skin. The patch absorbs perspiration for a two week period, detecting any substances ingested during that time. When the test is completed, the patch is carefully evaluated by a drug test facility.
When evaluating drug testing facilities in Orange Park, it is important to find one that is reliable. Reputable drug testing facilities in Orange Park share the following characteristics:
- Experienced: A professional, experienced drug test facility offers seamless testing and reliable results.
- Accurate: Selecting a drug testing center certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) ensures clear and accurate test results. You will find HHS certified laboratories by consulting the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) comprehensive list.
- Private: Drug test results can damage reputations. Therefore, it is important to verify that the drug test facility will not share results with unauthorized individuals.
- Expedient: Reputable drug testing facilities in Orange Park yield fast and accurate test results.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Searching online for “drug testing facilities near me” will help you locate drug testing facilities in Orange Park. You can narrow your results by reviewing the criteria for reputable, reliable drug testing facilities. Other resources to help you find Orange Park drug testing centers include:
Your Doctor: Ask your physician if he can recommend you to a trustworthy, reliable drug test center. Your primary care doctor is familiar with your medical history and can point you in the right direction.
Your Insurance Provider: Contacting your health insurance carrier can help you find drug testing facilities that fit your coverage. This will help lessen the cost.
Google: When you search Google for “drug testing centers near me”, check out any online reviews left by former clients. Conducting a Google search can help you locate reliable drug testing facilities in Orange Park.
Also, The Recovery Village is an excellent resource to help you locate Orange Park drug testing centers. Representatives are available to answer questions and provide information about drug testing facilities, drug counseling, and rehabilitation programs. Contact The Recovery Village for more information today.