Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in North Fort Myers, Florida
In the U.S., roughly 54 million adults receive a mental health disorder diagnosis every year. For many people, working with a mental health counselor provides relief from and understanding about their disorder, while others require more intensive treatment programs at mental health facilities.
Mental health facilities in North Fort Myers offer treatment for mental health disorders, including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and anxiety. A mental health facility is especially helpful for those who have mental health issues as well as substance use disorders in North Fort Myers.
Mental Health Facilities in North Fort Myers, Florida
When you struggle with a mental health disorder, it is important to find the appropriate care. When searching through the available mental health facilities in North Fort Myers, consider the severity of the illness, goals of treatment, and other important factors. When you search for facilities, you will come across three main types of treatment options:
- Long-term mental health facilities: As the name suggests, these types of mental health facilities provide long-term treatment, often for over a year. This provides the time to work on the problems. A person also learns ways to reintegrate with society upon completion of treatment. Search for “long-term mental health facilities near me” to find one.
- Residential mental health facilities: These facilities provide on-site accommodations and intensive daily therapy for a range of mental health disorders, including clinical depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. When you search for “residential mental health facilities near me”, you will find that in addition to mental health counseling, clients generally attend group therapy and may also have some type of medication that is managed at the facility to ensure appropriate dosage.
- Inpatient mental health facilities: Inpatient facilities provide help for those in an acute crisis. This level of care is generally for those who pose a threat to themselves or others and require 24/7 supervision and care. Once they are stabilized, they can continue on to other levels of treatment. Look for “inpatient mental health facilities near me” to find one.
If you are unsure what type of facility you or your loved one needs, then contact The Recovery Village®. Our representatives will discuss your situation and advise you on the appropriate level of care. You can also use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator to find a mental health facility.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
When someone experiences a crisis due to mental illness and requires immediate stabilization, then North Fort Myers mental health hospitals are often the right treatment step. This is most important when the person poses a threat to others or to themselves, requiring close supervision.
Mental health hospitals in North Fort Myers provide a short-term treatment program that moves the person past the immediate crisis. It may also incorporate other treatment modalities, such as medication management.
Once the person is past the life-threatening situation, they often pass on to other treatment programs. Enrollment in this intensive care can be voluntary, or it may occur due to the recommendation of a family member or mental health counselor in North Fort Myers. Sometimes, it may be court-ordered.
When searching for quality mental health hospitals in North Fort Myers, start with one or all of the following:
- The Recovery Village®: The representatives at The Recovery Village® can discuss your situation and help you find the right mental health hospital to match your needs.
- Therapist: If you already have a mental health counselor but feel you or your loved one requires more intensive treatment, discuss it with your therapist for recommendations of reputable North Fort Myers mental health hospitals.
- Physician: Your primary care doctor is another good resource for finding reliable hospitals to meet your needs.
- Insurance Provider: If you plan to use your insurance to pay, then talk to a representative at your insurance provider to see what facilities are in-network.
Mental Health Programs North Fort Myers
There are many different levels of care in the mental health programs in the North Fort Myers area. In addition to inpatient care, long-term care, and residential programs, you can also find outpatient and intensive outpatient program mental health care. Some people also find that regular mental health counseling from a qualified psychologist meets their needs.
Consider your health history and length and severity of mental health problems when deciding the level of care you need. When you are unsure, talk with your therapist or doctor, or call The Recovery Village® to talk to our intake coordinators. We have many resources to match you with the mental health treatment program that is right for you, whether at mental health facilities or mental health counseling centers.
Mental Health Counselor North Fort Myers, FL
Mental illnesses have the potential to be debilitating, especially when you lack the means to manage and cope with the disorder. Working with a mental health counselor in North Fort Myers provides a solid first step in learning to control your illness, rather than letting it control you.
To connect with a mental health counselor, start by searching online for “mental health counselor near me.” If you are in crisis, then text the Crisis Text Line at 741741. If you or your loved one has a co-occurring mental health illness with substance abuse, then contact The Recovery Village® to learn more about our mental health and addiction counseling programs and how they may help you.