Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in North Fort Myers, Florida
There is a drug epidemic in the state of Florida and North Fort Myers has not been spared. This deadly crisis has created a need for drug testing centers across the city. It can be tough to find a suitable North Fort Myers drug testing center, but thankfully there are plenty of options from which individuals and employers can choose.
Representatives are on hand to help those in search of drug testing centers. Being afraid to take a drug test can often mean a person has a problem with substance abuse in North Fort Myers. If you or someone you love can relate to this, rest assured that there are drug testing facilities near you to help, such as The Recovery Village. Get in touch with one of our intake coordinators today to learn more.
North Fort Myers Drug Testing Centers
There are plenty of drug testing facilities available in North Fort Myers. However, it is important to know which one you need to suit your situation.
North Fort Myers drug testing centers focus on the type of drug they are testing for, and the specimen they need to collect for their test. The majority of drug screenings test for five drug categories, and this is referred to as a 5-panel drug test. These categories include cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). When necessary, North Fort Myers drug testing facilities conduct more powerful tests to look for other drugs like benzodiazepines, ethanol (alcohol), and barbiturates. The level of substances tested for and the test strength often varies based on the testing purpose. The purpose of the test can also determine what type of specimen is collected.
Drug testing specimens commonly include one of the following:
- Urine: When a substance is ingested, the metabolism produces metabolites which then exit the body through urine. As a result, urine is the most common drug test conducted.
- Saliva: This specimen is the second most collected at North Fort Myers drug testing centers. This type of testing is noninvasive and fast, but the test has a shorter window of time to detect a person’s drug use.
- Blood: This type of testing is not commonly used because it is both invasive and expensive. It is, however, the most accurate drug testing conducted.
- Hair: After a drug is ingested, the body produces metabolites that enter blood vessels in the scalp. The hair then filters out these metabolites. Hair drug testing is unique as it can show a more permanent record of an individual’s drug use.
- Perspiration: With this newer method of screening, a sweat patch is placed on a person’s skin for a two-week period. During this time, the patch works to detect drugs that are excreted via perspiration. North Fort Myers professionals will then examine the patch at a drug testing facility.
Dependable drug testing facilities usually have the following characteristics:
- Accurate. The results of tests are accurate and clear. You can check the accuracy of a test by seeing if the drug testing facility has been certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). A comprehensive list provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) will allow you to find a suitable and certified North Fort Myers drug testing center.
- Private. It is very important testing centers keep drug testing information private as the results can have a big impact on a individuals career and personal life.
- Fast. With most drug tests, time is a big a factor. A person might need these results for their career, education, or other activities such as sport. So make sure the drug testing facility you choose can provide the results in a quick manner.
- Experienced. An experienced drug testing center will conduct its testing in a professional and seamless manner and will provide you with clarity and confidence in the results provided.
There are a number of reasons that people look for drug testing facilities in North Fort Myers. Some of these might include:
- Pre-Employment: Passing a drug test can be a mandatory requirement for employers before offering employment to an individual.
- Annual Physical: Employers can also ask their employees to undergo drug or alcohol testing when they take an annual physical examination.
- For-Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If there are signs that an employee is unfit to complete assigned duties as a result of drug use, an employer can request a drug test to be taken.
- Post-Accident: If an accident takes place in the workplace involving an employee, his or her employer can request a drug or alcohol test to determine if such usage contributing to the accident.
- Post-Treatment: Once an individual has completed a rehabilitation program, law enforcement officials, treatment providers, or employees can request drug testing to confirm the person is no longer abusing alcohol or drugs.
- Probation: If a person is on probation, he or she will be required to undergo drug testing on a regular basis.
- Sports: To make sure sporting events are safe and fair, professional and student athletes are required to regularly conduct alcohol and drug testing.
- School: High schools and middle schools often conduct random drug testing to make sure students are in a drug-free environment.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Are you or a loved online searching for “drug testing facilities near me”? If so, North Fort Myers drug testing centers are available to help employers and individuals in need of support. It is important to evaluate drug testing facilities on their consulting resources and specific criteria to ensure you find the right drug testing facility in North Fort Myers for you.
Here are some places to start your search:
- Talk with your doctor: Your doctor will be aware of your medical history and reason behind your drug test; therefore he or she will be able to provide recommendations for North Fort Myers drug testing centers to meet your needs.
- Contact your insurance provider: Insurance companies can help people find a drug testing center that works within their insurance network should they have to make a payment.
- Do a Google search: A quick online research can provide useful information on drug testing facilities in North Fort Myers.
- Call The Recovery Village: The Recovery Village representatives are always ready to help people who are searching for North Fort Myers drug testing centers, in addition to providing information on other professional services required.
The North Fort Myers hotline representatives are also there to help in your search for a drug testing facility in your area. If you find it difficult to speak to someone directly about this issue, we also offer online channels as an alternative method of communication.
If you or a family member or friend is in trouble with an addiction, The Recovery Village can provide the help you need in beating this addiction. The Recovery Village offers a number of addiction treatment resources across the North Fort Myers area to suit the needs of each individual. Pick up the phone and contact a representative to learn more.