Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Miami, Florida
With an estimated 54 million Americans suffering from mental illness each year, many people are touched firsthand by mental illness. For those suffering in Miami, Florida, a mental health counselor may be essential in dealing with and overcoming mental illness, including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other illnesses.
Unfortunately, often those with a mental illness turn to substances and then have the added battle of alcoholism or other forms of substance abuse in Miami. There are many facilities with experience and expertise in dealing with co-occurring disorders such as mental illness and substance abuse. With different care options and treatment plans, a mental health facility in Miami can be a life-saving tactic in dealing with these struggles.
Mental Health Facilities in Miami, Florida
With many different types of care options, it is important to know which is best for individual situations. Mental health history and substance abuse issues, as well as both short- and long-term goals, are factors to consider when seeking treatment. Some types of care centers are:
- Inpatient mental health facilities – This type of care involves short-term, on-site, around the clock care. It is appropriate for an acute mental illness where the patient needs stabilization and/or is a possible threat to himself or others. Patients suffering from bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, or schizoaffective disorder may require this type of intensive program.
- Residential mental health facilities – This type of care is similar to an inpatient program as there is constant care and supervision when the mental illness is severe and complex. Some disorders requiring a residential program may be schizophrenia, clinical depression, and severe bipolar disorder. Residential care provides an optimum setting for medication management, group therapy, and structured counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator is a good resource for finding this type of care.
- Long-term mental health facilities – When a patient needs more extensive care than short-term or residential care can offer, long-term care may be the best option. Miami mental health hospitals can provide this option, where the patient can learn life skills like rebuilding independence and self-sufficiency and have support over a lengthy period of time.
Mental health issues can be debilitating, but with the right care in mental health facilities in Miami, those suffering can find help and learn strong coping strategies. The SAMHSA treatment locator can be a good resource for finding the best fit and level of care. You can also call The Recovery Village, especially if you are dealing with a dual diagnosis disorder. Other important sources, especially in times of crisis are:
- The National Suicide Prevention Line 1-800-273-8255
- The Crisis Text Line text at 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
When a mental health disorder is severe and an immediate danger is present, such as the risk of harm to oneself or someone else, seeking care at one of the mental health hospitals in Miami is imperative. Whether someone checks into a Miami mental health hospital voluntarily or at the insistence or recommendation of someone else, it may be the best decision and could be life-saving.
From crisis aversion to medication management, a mental health facility can provide necessary care. Miami mental health hospitals offer the solution to remove someone from a life-threatening situation. From there, the mental illness can be addressed and skills taught so the patient can learn to manage the illness.
Finding the right care can be a daunting task, especially when the need is urgent. Here are some resources to help find the care you or your loved one might need:
- Your Family Doctor – Your family doctor may already be aware of the mental issues and can be a big help in recommending a good mental health facility along with a mental health counselor in Miami.
- Your Insurance Provider – By using this resource, you can find a hospital in your insurance plan.
- Your Mental Health Counselor – You may already be working with a licensed mental health counselor who can help you find a facility. Your counselor may be affiliated with a hospital where he or she can continue your care.
- The Recovery Village – With a variety of treatment plans and compassionate care, we can help you find the best care for your situation.
You can also use SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator or call the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI for help in finding mental health facilities in Miami.
Mental Health Programs Miami
Miami has a wide array of levels of care for mental health. You can find inpatient, residential, hospitalization, outpatient and other types of care. Each person’s unique needs, including mental health history, goals, background, and any substance abuse issues will all play a part in determining what type of care is best.
If you are struggling to find care, please reach out to us at The Recovery Village. Our intake coordinators and crisis counselors can assist you in finding the right treatment options for you or your loved one. Good mental health is our goal for you, and we can be with you on the road to get there.
Mental Health Counselor Miami, FL
Depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions can be debilitating and make handling day-to-day situations very difficult. Counseling may be necessary to learn skills to manage the effects of mental illness. Miami has many good mental health counselors to choose from to help you find relief from the grasp of mental illness.
Please reach out to a Miami crisis line if you are suffering. You can also call The Recovery Village, where you will find compassionate staff members to help you locate the appropriate resources to handle mental health and addiction issues together.