Substance Abuse Counseling in Lutz, Florida
There is a growing epidemic in the United States that causes harm to not just the afflicted but all of their closest friends and family. This disease does not discriminate based on age, social status, gender, religion, or place of residence. Millions of people every day are in a battle for their lives. The disease is addiction and a route to a cure is substance abuse counseling. If you or any of your loved ones are struggling with a substance abuse problem, there is help close to home for you in Lutz, Florida. Certified alcohol and drug counselors in Lutz are ready and waiting to help you fight for a clean and sober life.
Lutz, Florida Addiction Counselling
The disease of addiction can be too all-encompassing to battle alone or even with the help of friends and family. You need a trained professional who specializes in the interworkings of substance abuse to be your helping hand. An addiction counselor in Lutz will be by your side giving you the skills and knowledge to help overcome the hold of addiction and learn to handle the stresses of everyday life without using again. Your addiction counseling could consist of any, or all, of the following therapeutic techniques:
- Individual and Group Therapy: One-on-one therapy sessions with your drug and alcohol counselor will help you dive deep into personal experiences and behavioral attributes that may have led to and fed into your addiction. In a group setting, you are able to learn from fellow addicts through sharing of experiences and commonalities. Knowing that you are not alone in your battle is a cathartic part of the recovery process.
- Learning New Life Skills: Your substance abuse counselor in Lutz will help you learn new coping mechanisms, social skillsets, and behavioral techniques to help you overcome life troubles without feeling the need to use the crutch of a substance. By learning these coping skills, you will be able to live in your world in a new and productive manner.
- Goal Setting: Substance abuse counseling involves identifying and focusing on goals, both short- and long-term. Short-term goals help you have small landmarks in the recovery process to celebrate and gain confidence in your sobriety. Long-term goals help you keep your focus on the bigger picture of having life-long sobriety.
Local Licensed Drug Counselor
A drug counselor specializes in counseling those who suffer from drug addiction. Common drugs that a drug counselor can help you steer clear of can include heroin, opiates/opioids, methamphetamine, PCP, and more. Drug counseling helps you and your loved ones deal with the aftermath of addiction and learn how to live together in a clean and constructive way. Substance abuse counselors in Lutz can provide life-saving resources and therapies to you close to home to help you learn how to live in your old environment in a new manner.
Local Certified Alcohol Counselor
Addiction counseling is not limited to drugs; alcohol addiction requires the same level of expertise to help you recover successfully. Sometimes, alcoholism is taken less seriously as alcohol is everpresent in stores and restaurants. This does not make the substance any less deadly, as the withdrawal from alcohol can lead to death in extreme cases. Do not feel like you are any less entitled to help because your substance of choice is alcohol instead of drugs. Substance abuse programs can help with alcoholism as well and are available to you close to home.
Drug Addiction Counselor in Lutz, FL
A licensed drug and alcohol counselor is a key component to the success of your recovery. This person should be selected with care and consideration for your needs. Here are some items to consider when finding your addiction counselor in Lutz:
- Make sure that your alcohol and drug counselor is a certified alcohol and drug counselor. This means that the proper educational protocol has been followed and this individual is considered to have met the standard of care required to treat addiction.
- In addition to being properly certified, you want to make sure that your drug and alcohol counselor is specialized in your specific addiction. This means that he or she has treated other people plagued with the same type of substance abuse and possesses increased knowledge of the specific substance. Every drug has its own nuances, and you want to make sure your chosen substance abuse counselor in Lutz is up to par.
- You also want to be able to build a personal bond with your addiction counselor. Try to find someone with whom you can connect and build trust. This will allow the recovery process to work better for you as you will be able to lower any barriers you feel about seeking treatment and commit to self-examination.
Substance Abuse Counseling Programs Near Me
Substance abuse counseling programs are available in Lutz to help you get the professional and caring help you need. This might seem like a tall order to do alone, but there are people to help. You can seek recommendations on substance abuse programs from the following sources:
- Primary Care Physician: Your PCP, or family physician, can provide you with recommendations on what substance abuse programs could be a good fit for you.
- Insurance Providers: Your insurance company can advise which substance abuse counseling programs are in network to help with the cost.
- Local Professionals: The best source is always the top of the line in the field. Contacting your local expert substance abuse program in Lutz allows you to speak with a compassionate and knowledgeable individual to answer all your specific questions about your addiction and recovery. The call is confidential and can be made any time, any day. Why not make that call right now?