Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Lake Worth, Florida
The National Institute of Mental Health estimates that tens of millions of Americans suffer from some kind of mental illness each year. Even more tragic, only half of those impacted receive the treatment they need. Unfortunately, Lake Worth, Florida is no exception. Whether a person is struggling with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder or other illnesses, seeking help from a mental health counselor may be both effective and necessary.
Mental health counseling can be an invaluable help to anyone suffering from mental illness. In the case of someone suffering from both mental illness and alcoholism or some form of substance use disorder in Lake Worth, the benefits are greatly increased. This is because the two conditions often drive and exacerbate one another. Mental health facilities in Lake Worth, Florida can offer the help necessary to address a variety of conditions, as well as address any inter-connected issues that may be compounding the problem.
In a Crisis? Get Help Now
If you or someone you know is having a panic or anxiety attack, suicidal thoughts or another type of mental health crisis, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255 or text the Crisis Text Line at 741741. Both lines are free, confidential and available 24 hours a day.
Mental Health Facilities in Lake Worth, Florida
Lake Worth, Florida and the surrounding area offer a number of mental health facilities. As with any treatment option, however, it is important to find the one that best fits a person’s needs. Factors to consider are any substance abuse issues, their mental health history and what they hope to achieve through counseling. If a person searches for “mental health facilities near me” they are likely to see several categories of available options, including:
- Inpatient mental health facilities. Inpatient care is a type of short-term care while staying at a facility, providing around-the-clock care for an acute issue. This is a situation where the person needs stabilization in the aftermath of a mental health crisis or is in danger of hurting themselves or others. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), major depression, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder are just a few of the issues that may be the precipitating cause.
- Residential mental health facilities. Like inpatient facilities, residential care involves living on-site at a treatment center and receiving constant supervision for severe and complex mental illnesses. Unlike inpatient facilities, residential mental health facilities are not aimed at individuals needing immediate stabilization, but individuals who are seeking treatment for ongoing issues. Schizophrenia, clinical depression, severe bipolar disorder, and more can be treated effectively in this manner, and clients can take advantage of medication management plans, group therapy, and structured counseling sessions. If a person is searching for “residential mental health facilities near me,” the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator can help.
- Long-term mental health facilities. Unlike the previous types of treatment, long-term mental health facilities help people who need more extensive care than short-term residential care or Lake Worth mental health hospitals can provide. These kinds of facilities may offer treatment lasting well over a year, and help clients use techniques that are not available in shorter programs. This includes teaching them to be self-sufficient and independent within their circumstances.
Whatever a person’s specific needs, mental health facilities in Lake Worth, Florida can help people get the treatment they need to heal from various mental disorders. If you are struggling with a combination of substance abuse and mental disorders, call The Recovery Village to get assistance finding the solution that is right for you.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
A Lake Worth mental health hospital can help stabilize a patient who is in the midst of a mental health crisis or is a danger to themselves or others. Treatment usually focuses on short-term crisis management, as well as helping the individual better manage medications to prevent a future crisis.
This kind of short-term crisis care and management may be undertaken voluntarily or at the insistence of a relative or mental health counselor. Whatever the case, the overall goal of short-term care is to help avert the immediate crisis while preparing the individual to seek the long-term care and assistance needed.
Here are a few options to find mental health hospitals in the Lake Worth area:
- Talk with your doctor: By being familiar with your mental health history, your primary care doctor can recommend a mental health hospital in Lake Worth that can meet your needs.
- Contact your insurance provider: You insurance provider can help you find a mental health hospital that is covered by your plan.
- Consult with a mental health counselor: Lake Worth has many licensed mental health counselors who can recommend reputable psychiatric units at Lake Worth mental health hospitals.
- Call The Recovery Village: The Recovery Village can help you find a mental health hospital near you.
A person can also consult the SAMHSA’s mental health facilities locator or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Calling the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI is another option for finding mental health hospitals in Lake Worth and the surrounding area.
Mental Health Programs Lake Worth
Mental health programs in the Lake Worth area include inpatient, outpatient, hospitalization, and residential programs. It is important to choose one that takes into account your unique mental health history, in addition to any substance abuse issues that may be a factor, as well as your ultimate goals.
If you are looking for a mental health program in the Lake Worth area, a therapist or mental health counselor can make recommendations that address your specific needs. If you struggle with substance use disorder as well, call The Recovery Village to speak with an associate who can help you find a dual-treatment option that is best for you.
Mental Health Counselor Lake Worth, FL
Given the nature of mental health disorders, long-term therapy and counseling may be necessary. If you search online for “mental health counselor near me,” you may be inundated with options.
A Lake Worth hotline representative may be able to help you narrow the decision. If you do not want to speak with someone via telephone, you can text the Crisis Text Line at 741741 to be connected with someone who can help in a crisis. If you are suffering from a combination of mental health and substance abuse disorders, The Recovery Village can help you find a treatment option. Call us today!