Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Lake Worth, Florida
The drug epidemic is reaching into every corner of the U.S. No city or county is going untouched and that includes Lake Worth, Florida. Because of this crisis, the need for drug testing facilities in this area is growing, for both professional and personal reasons. Many resources exist for helping you find the best facility for drug testing, whether it is for employment reasons or perhaps you suspect a loved one of drug use.
If you are seeking drug testing for a loved one, it can be a frightening, confusing time. Representatives at The Recovery Village can help you through this, not only with finding a testing facility but also with any subsequent addiction treatment in Lake Worth. Please reach out to our caring intake coordinators for more information.
Lake Worth Drug Testing Centers
Because of the many drug testing facilities in Lake Worth, it is important to understand what will best fit your needs. Much of this depends on the reason for the drug test.
Drug tests usually have two defining factors – the type of drug they are designed to detect and the type of specimen collected. Most drug tests screen for five categories of drugs (opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, phencyclidine (PCP), and marijuana), and these are referred to as 5-panel drug tests. If you need more than this, Lake Worth drug testing facilities can offer a more powerful test that can identify other drugs, including barbiturates, alcohol, and benzodiazepines.
Different types of tests require different types of specimens. Some of the common ways of testing for drugs are:
- Urine – A urine test is the most common type. It is easy to test, inexpensive, and noninvasive. Because metabolites (the structures excreted after drugs are ingested) are found in the urine, it is a reliable test.
- Saliva – This is the second most common test and can test quickly for indications of drug use. However, the window of time to detect drugs is small, so that should be considered.
- Blood – Though this is the most accurate way of drug testing, it is more invasive and more expensive than other test methods.
- Hair – Metabolites are filtered through hair and stay there. This creates a type of permanent record of drug use.
- Perspiration – This is a newer form of drug testing where the person wears a sweat patch for two weeks. It absorbs perspiration which is then examined for signs of drug use.
It is important to look for Lake Worth drug testing centers that are accurate, private, fast, and that have an experienced staff. You can refer to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) comprehensive list of centers that are certified through the Department of Health and Human Services.
People use Lake Worth drug testing facilities for a variety of reasons. Often people get a drug test for these reasons:
- Pre-Employment – Many companies require passing a drug test as a condition of employment.
- Annual Physical – Some employers and insurance companies will require an annual drug test.
- For Cause and Reasonable Suspicion – If someone shows signs of drug use, he or she may be required to take a drug test (examples are a parent suspecting a child or an employer suspecting an employee).
- Post-Accident – If a workplace accident has occurred, an employee may be required to take a drug test to show there was no drug use at the time of the accident.
- Post Treatment – Employers, treatment providers, or law officials may require a patient to take a drug test after treatment to prove drug use has been stopped.
- Probation – Drug tests are usually part of probation and a positive one could mean going back to jail.
- Sports – Some teams require drug tests to ensure fair and safe play.
- School – Some schools require random drug testing to maintain a drug-free environment.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
You can find a reputable drug testing facility in Lake Worth by consulting reliable sources. One good way is to speak with your family doctor who already has a history with you. He or she can recommend a facility to meet your needs. You can also ask your insurance provider. This way you can also find out how much of the cost of drug testing your plan will cover. You can find drug testing facilities in Lake Worth through an online search. This way you can read reviews and customer feedback.
You can also reach out to The Recovery Village. Our caring representatives can help you find a local drug testing center. They can also provide any information you may need if the results turn out to be something that indicates treatment is necessary. The Recovery Village offers a wide variety of care options and if there is a possibility that a loved one has an addiction, we can help. Our staff is ready to talk to you in a confidential, caring way.