Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Casselberry, Florida
A serious drug epidemic is sweeping across America, and Florida is no exception. Small towns such as Casselberry are experiencing higher rates of drug abuse than ever before. This makes it even more critical that there are reliable, professional drug testing centers and facilities available in the area.
Drug testing facilities serve a number of functions in the current climate and can work as incredibly useful tools to determine whether somebody is suffering from substance use disorder in Casselberry. This guide will outline how to find a reliable drug testing center near Casselberry, what to look for during your search, and the reasons why you may need to access one.
Casselberry Drug Testing Centers
There is a wide range of drug testing facilities and centers in and around Casselberry, and some of them serve different purposes. It is important to know beforehand why you are accessing a drug testing center and to understand the characteristics that a reliable center presents. As you will see, the results of a drug test can have significant effects on somebody’s life, so finding a professional and reliable center is crucial to getting accurate results.
Different drug testing methods are used according to which drugs are being screened. Most drug testing facilities use what is commonly called the ‘5-panel’ drug test, meaning they test for five categories of drugs, including amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, PCP, and opiates. There are other drug testing methods that are more powerful and can test for drugs like alcohol, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines. Depending on the goals of the drug test, different specimens may be collected, including:
Urine – This is the most commonly collected specimen, as it is non-invasive and highly reliable. Any substance you ingest, including drugs or alcohol, is metabolized by the body. These ‘metabolites’ are excreted from the body in the urine. Urine testing will detect these metabolites and can determine the type of substance as well as the amount or levels present.
Blood – Blood specimens are the most accurate way to test for drugs and alcohol but is not as commonly used as urine sampling. This is because drawing blood is considered an invasive procedure and can also be quite expensive by comparison.
Saliva – Another very common specimen to use for drug testing, saliva is easy to collect. However, drugs or alcohol will only be present in saliva for a brief window of time, making saliva specimen collection a time-sensitive drug test.
Hair – As your body metabolizes drugs or alcohol, the metabolites enter the bloodstream. Some of that blood enters your scalp and is filtered into your growing hair. Drug testing facilities in Casselberry can collect a hair sample and test for those metabolites. They remain in the hair as a permanent record of drug and alcohol use.
Perspiration – This is a relatively new form of drug testing. A patch is fixed onto a person’s skin and left there for two weeks. It collects the person’s sweat, and after removal can be tested to detect the presence of drugs or alcohol.
Again, the type of specimen collected during a drug test depends on the type of drug being screened. Some drug testing centers in Casselberry may collect more than one type of sample to gain a more accurate picture of drug and alcohol use. It is important to use a reliable drug testing facility when undergoing a drug test, as the results could have a significant impact on the lives of you, your family, friends, and coworkers. Look for these characteristics when seeking a drug testing facility in Casselberry:
- Accuracy: Test results should be clear and correct. The easiest way to discover whether a drug testing center has a reputation for accuracy is to look up their certification with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Speed: Because of the potentially life-changing effects a drug test can have, it is crucial that results are delivered in a timely manner. Ask ahead of time how long a typical drug test will take to return results.
- Experience: Ensuring that you undergo drug testing at a reputable, experienced facility means that you can be sure your results are correct and that the entire experience will be done in a calm, professional manner.
- Privacy: This is one of the most important aspects of a drug testing facility’s reputation. Sharing an individual’s personal information, including the results of a drug test, can have a damaging effect on his or her personal and professional life. Protecting that information is the hallmark of a professional drug testing facility.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
There are a number of reasons why somebody may seek to access a reliable drug testing facility in Casselberry:
- As a pre-condition to employment
- After a workplace accident
- As part of an annual physical exam
- For cause and reasonable suspicion of workplace impairment
- Following completion of a substance abuse treatment program
- As part of probation or parole conditions
- Required to play on a sports team
- As part of maintaining a drug-free school environment
Regardless of why you are looking for a drug testing center, it is imperative that you find the right one to suit your needs. Searching for a drug testing facility near Casselberry does not have to be a difficult process. There are a number of ways to begin your search:
Talk to your doctor – As part of your local medical community, your doctor may be able to recommend a reliable drug testing facility with a good reputation.
Call your insurance provider – Some providers offer additional coverage if you access specific facilities. Call them to learn about the options you might have.
Ask for personal referrals – If you know somebody who has accessed drug testing facilities nearby, ask them about their experience. Personal accounts in their own words can provide valuable insight.
Get in touch with The Recovery Village – Our specialized intake coordinators are ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They have extensive knowledge of local resources in Casselberry and can help you learn about the options available to you. Every call is free and 100 percent confidential. Contact us today to get started.