Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Cape Coral, Florida
The drug epidemic across the state of Florida is unfortunately visible in the city of Cape Coral. To combat this crisis on a professional and personal level, there is a need for drug testing facilities for the city’s residents. It can be time-consuming and tricky to pinpoint a reliable Cape Coral drug testing center. However, there are resources for employers and individuals to provide support.
Often times being afraid to undergo a drug test can represent a substance use disorder for the individual in question. If you or someone you care about can relate to this, take comfort in the fact that there are drug testing facilities in Cape Coral that can help you get treated. Here at The Recovery Village, our intake coordinators are available to guide you through the available addiction treatment options in Cape Coral. Give us a call today and let us help you get the process started.
Cape Coral Drug Testing Centers
There is a wide range of Cape Coral drug testing centers available for those in need of support. As there are a lot of options from which to choose, it is beneficial to understand how these tests work and which one is right for your unique situation.
The tests carried out at the Cape Coral drug testing centers are usually dependant on the type of substance they are testing for and the specimen they need from the individual. Using a 5-panel test, a drug test center typically tests for the five categories of opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), amphetamines, cocaine, and marijuana. When deemed necessary, drug testing facilities in Cape Coral will conduct more powerful testing to look for substances like benzodiazepines, alcohol, and barbiturates. There are key factors that determine the strength of a drug test and the specimen used for testing can vary depending on the substance(s) in question and reasoning behind the drug test.
The following are the most common types of specimens collected for drug testing:
- Urine: At drug testing centers, urine is the most commonly collected specimen as it contains metabolites and structures that can be tested for drug and alcohol use.
- Saliva: This is the second highest specimen collected at drug testing centers, mainly due to its quick and noninvasive nature. The downside of this testing is that it can only detect substances for a short time period.
- Blood: In contrast to saliva, this type of testing has an invasive nature and is also more expensive. It is not used very often but it is the most accurate of its kind.
- Hair: When a person ingests drugs, the body creates metabolites which travel to the scalp and filter out via the hair. This specimen is unique as it can provide a permanent record of someone’s substance abuse.
- Perspiration: To conduct sweat testing, an individual is required to wear a patch on their skin for two weeks. Through a person’s perspiration, the patch can determine drugs that have been ingested. After the two weeks, medical professionals at the drug testing facilities in Cape Coral will examine the results.
To ensure your drug testing goals are met, it is important to look for drug testing centers that are:
- Accurate. To ensure that you receive accurate and clear results, look for the Cape Coral drug testing centers certified by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). You can use the comprehensive list of HHS certified laboratories near you which is provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA).
- Private. The privacy of an individuals drug test results is imperative. These results can have massive implications on a person’s personal life and career, and should therefore not be shared with anyone who is not authorized.
- Fast. There is often a quick turnaround needed for drug test results. To ensure you get your results for your career or personal life, work with a drug testing facility that can provide your results in a quick manner.
- Experienced. It is important to feel confident in the services you are being provided. Therefore, working with a drug test center that has a proven track record will provide you with a seamless and professional experience.
The drug testing facilities in Cape Coral are often used by people in the area for the following reasons:
- Pre-Employment: It is not uncommon for a company to request a drug test from a potential employee.
- Annual Physical: Employers can also ask their employee to undergo a drug test when completing their annual physicals.
- For-Cause and Reasonable Suspicion: If potential drug or alcohol misuse is affecting an employee’s performance, he or she may be asked to complete a drug test.
- Post-Accident: If an employee is involved in a workplace accident, an employer can ask the person to undergo a drug test to determine if substance abuse played a part in the accident.
- Post-Treatment: Oftentimes, when an individual is out of rehab, law enforcement officials, treatment providers, or employers may request the person to take a drug test to ensure continued sobriety.
- Probation: Anyone who is placed on probation will be required to participate in a scheduled drug testing. If an individual were to fail a drug test, he or she may, as a result, be incarcerated.
- Sports: Testing for alcohol and drug usage among collegiate, amateur, and professional athletes is conducted to ensure sports are performed in a safe and fair manner.
- School: To ensure a drug-free learning environment for students, middle and high schools often request their students to undergo random testing.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
If you are online researching “drug testing facilities near me”, take comfort in the knowledge that there are plenty of drug testing facilities in the Cape Coral area. There are a number of ways to find the most suitable drug testing facility for you.
- Speak to your doctor: Your doctor will understand your need for a drug test as well as your medical history and might be able to refer you to the most suitable drug testing center in your area.
- Consult your insurance provider: Should you need to pay for your drug test, your insurance provider can provide information on the drug testing facilities near you that will accept your insurance.
- Do a Google search: Google is a great way to get information on drug testing centers in the city of Cape Coral.
- Call The Recovery Village: Our representatives can provide you with information on the drug testing facilities in Cape Coral and can also help you with any related information and resources you may need pertaining to substance abuse treatment in Cape Coral. Reach out today to learn more.