Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Westminster, Colorado
Throughout the state of Colorado, a drug epidemic is causing devastation. This epidemic has hit the city of Westminster, leaving deadly consequences in its wake. The need for more drug testing centers is developing due to the high use of drugs in the area. For some, drug testing is for professional purposes; for others, it is personal. Whatever the reason, helpful resources are available to find a drug testing facility to fit your needs.
If you suspect a loved one of drug use, it is important to find out if your suspicions are valid. A drug test can confirm if your loved one is using drugs. Though this is a difficult thing to do, it is important to find out so you can get counseling and addiction treatment in Westminster for your loved one, if needed. You can reach out to an intake coordinator at The Recovery Village if you need more information and help to work through this difficult time.
This guide explains what you need to know to find the right drug testing center for your needs.
Westminster Drug Testing Centers
Your reason for drug testing will probably dictate the type of test you need (what drugs to identify) and the type of specimen that is taken.
The most common type of drug test performed in Westminster is a 5-panel test, named that way because the test detects five different categories of drugs in the system. These categories are:
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
More powerful tests can look for other drug categories like:
It is also important to know the different types of specimen collection. Here are the most common types:
- Urine – Urine is the most common type as it is easy to collect and inexpensive. Metabolites (structures produced and excreted after a substance is ingested) are excreted through the urine and easily identifiable.
- Saliva – This is the second most common type of collection. This is a fast and noninvasive test. The downside is that this test can only detect drugs in the system for a short amount of time.
- Blood – Blood testing is high cost and more invasive than other tests; however, its results are very accurate.
- Hair – Metabolites are filtered through and stay in the hair indefinitely, so hair becomes a type of permanent record of drug use.
- Perspiration – This is a fairly new way of testing for drugs. It requires that the person wear a sweat patch which absorbs perspiration for two weeks. After the time period, the patch is tested for indications of drug use.
Most people seek a center that provides accurate, private, and fast results from an experienced staff. If you need help locating one, you can consult the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) comprehensive list for centers certified with the Department of Health and Human Services.
In Westminster, people get drug tests for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Pre-employment – Many employers require their potential employees to pass a drug test before the final offer is made.
- Annual Physical – Some employers and insurance companies require annual drug tests.
- For Cause and Suspicion – If an employer suspects an employee of drug use or a parent suspects a child, they may require a drug test. There should be a valid reason for the suspicion.
- Post-Accident – If a workplace accident occurs, an employer may require those involved to take a drug test to make sure drugs or alcohol did not contribute to the accident.
- Post Treatment – Employers, parents, treatment providers, or law enforcement may require drug testing after treatment to make sure there is no longer any drug use.
- Probation – This is usually a condition of probation, and if drug use is found, the person will probably go back to incarceration.
- Sports – Some sports teams at various levels will require random or routine drug testing. This can help ensure a drug-free environment and fair, safe play.
- School – Middle and high schools may require random drug testing to maintain a drug-free campus.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
To find a reliable drug testing facility, you can use the following sources. Remember, use your personal needs and criteria along with these resources to find the best center for you.
- Talk with your doctor – Your doctor may be able to do an in-office drug test. If not, doctors often refer high-quality drug testing facilities in Westminster to their patients.
- Ask your insurance provider – This makes it easy to find a drug testing facility within your insurance network.
- Search online – You can get a feel for your options through an online search as well as see feedback and reviews.
- Call The Recovery Village – Our representatives can help you locate drug testing facilities as well as speak with you about further treatment if needed.
If you suspect a loved one of drug addiction, a test can be the beginning of recovery and a drug-free life. If you or any of your loved ones are struggling with drug use and addiction, please reach out to a representative at The Recovery Village today. We offer something for everyone and can discuss how our full continuum of care and treatment can meet your needs. We understand that this can be overwhelming, but we can help you through it.