Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Littleton, Colorado
Everyone can benefit from working with a mental health counselor for individual therapy, but it is especially effective for the estimated 54 million Americans diagnosed every year with a mental health disorder such as depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or schizophrenia.
Enrolling in one of the mental health programs at mental health facilities in Littleton is also beneficial for those who have a dual diagnosis, or a mental health disorder and a drug or alcohol addiction or substance use disorder in Littleton. Because the two are often intertwined, it is essential to work on both concurrently.
If you are in the midst of a mental health crisis, such as a panic attack or suicidal thoughts, then do not hesitate to reach out for help to one of the confidential helplines available 24/7. Call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255 or text the Crisis Text Line at 741741.
Mental Health Facilities in Littleton, Colorado
There are many options for mental health facilities in Littleton. One way to differentiate between mental health facilities is the level of care they provide. The right level for you or your loved one depends on many factors, such as the history of the disorder, the severity of symptoms, goals for treatment, any concurrent disorders such as addiction, and more.
The most common categories of results when you search for “mental health facilities near me” include:
- Long-term mental health facilities: Long-term mental health facilities specialize in treating severe and complex mental health disorders. Treatment programs often last for more than a year. It will include treatment approaches and goals such as independence and self-sufficiency, which are not offered in shorter programs.
- Residential mental health facilities: Patients reside on-site at residential facilities where they benefit from 24/7 care and support. Programs often last for weeks or months. During the day, residents attend intensive treatment programs, which may include individual and group therapy, medication management, and complementary alternative treatment modalities. To find facilities, search the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) treatment locator for “residential mental health facilities near me.”
- Inpatient mental health facilities: Like residential facilities, inpatient facilities provide 24/7 care and support. However, the focus of treatment is short-term stabilization, with programs often lasting for just days. This type of treatment is best for those in a crisis, especially if they are a threat to themselves or others. You can search online for “inpatient mental health facilities near me” to find one to match your needs.
There are many options for mental health facilities in Littleton. Some patients may need to go through a continuum of care, starting at one level and moving through others until they are better able to control their mental health disorder. You can browse by the level of care through SAMHSA’s treatment locator, or you can contact The Recovery Village® for assistance in finding a suitable mental health facility, especially if you require dual diagnosis treatment.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
During times of crisis, mental health hospitals in Littleton may provide the right solution. Littleton mental health hospitals focus on treatment that stabilizes patients who may be a threat to themselves or others. During a stay in a mental health hospital, patients undertake short-term programming that helps them through the crisis. This may include some medication and other treatment methods.
Littleton mental health hospitals are best suited for those with a severe episode of a mental health disorder that requires immediate treatment. This may be under the advisement of a mental health counselor or doctor, or it may be a voluntary decision.
When searching for mental health hospitals in Littleton, try these resources:
- Mental health counselor
- Insurance provider
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1-800-950-NAMI
- The Recovery Village®
Mental Health Programs Littleton
There is a range of mental health programs available for those suffering from a mental health disorder. The right level of care depends on many different aspects, including the primary goal of treatment. The main categories include:
- Long-term treatment
- Residential treatment
- Inpatient or mental health hospitals
- Intensive outpatient program mental health
- Mental health counseling programs
If you are unsure the level of care you need, talk to your doctor or mental health counselor in Littleton. You may need to start with one of the more intensive programs and then work your way to a less intense counseling program.
Mental Health Counselor Littleton, CO
Mental illnesses have the potential to be debilitating, so it is important to find the right treatment program to help you manage the effects and find ways to regain control. Working with a mental health counselor in Littleton may be the start, although you may need a more intensive treatment.
There are many options for a mental health counselor in Littleton. You can start by searching for “mental health counselor near me,” but you may feel overwhelmed by the choices. Try to narrow it down by specialty and type of service they offer. You can also talk to The Recovery Village® representatives for advice on how to proceed in finding the right program for your situation.