Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Durango, Colorado
Cities all across America are experiencing a surge in substance abuse, and Durango, Colorado is no exception. As a by-product of this crisis, reliable drug testing centers are needed both for personal and professional reasons. Finding reliable Durango drug testing centers seems like a difficult task for those who are uninformed, but finding these centers is possible with the right information.
If your need for a drug testing center is based on personal reasons, such as that you suspect a loved one of abusing drugs, rest assured that help is available. Should a drug test confirm your suspicion, there are abundant substance abuse treatment programs in the Durango area to help. Call The Recovery Village to find out more.
Durango Drug Testing Centers
When you need nearby drug testing facilities, Durango has some great options. However, be careful about which drug testing center you choose. Making the right choice requires you to factor in a number of things, like your medical history and substances used.
Two factors influence the process of Durango drug testing centers: the specimens to be collected and the drugs for which testing is needed. The 5-panel drug test is the most common test provided by facilities. This test assesses five common drug categories: phencyclidine (PCP), opiates, amphetamines, marijuana, and cocaine. Facilities may even provide stronger testing that evaluates other categories, such as ethanol (alcohol), benzodiazepines, and barbiturates. The testing goal determines the substances examined and specimens collected.
You can commonly find the following specimens at drug testing centers:
- Urine: Urine has metabolites which help in determining drug or alcohol use. Urine testing is the most common type of drug testing because it is quick and easy and is cost-effective and noninvasive.
- Saliva: Saliva must be tested quickly to produce accurate results, but it is used frequently in cases where recent ingestion of drugs is suspected.
- Blood: Blood testing provides the most correct results, but is rarely used due to its expensive and time-consuming procedure.
- Hair: Hair also possesses metabolites, which makes it useful for determining drug and alcohol use over an extended period of time.
- Perspiration: Perspiration testing is performed after a patch affixed to the skin collects sweat for two weeks. Medical experts perform the examination at drug testing centers.
You can commonly find the following qualities at reputable drug testing facilities:
- Private: Testing results are not provided to people unauthorized to have them. This protects the client’s welfare and the facility’s integrity.
- Accurate: Drug testing must provide precise results. The most professional drug testing centers have received certification from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Also, take advantage of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) handy list of HHS certified laboratories across the nation.
- Experienced: Experienced drug testing facilities display ethical and professional practices to build credibility among clients.
- Fast: Within drug testing facilities, Durango medical professionals keep in mind the time-sensitive nature of getting testing results to clients.
Customers turn to Durango drug testing centers for a variety of reasons:
- Pre-employment: Job candidates may need to undergo drug testing to qualify for job opportunities and get hired.
- Annual physical: Annual physical exams determine drug and alcohol use among employees.
- For-cause and reasonable suspicion: Employees may be tested for drugs and alcohol use if they are acting erratically on the job.
- Post-accident: Employees may be tested for drug and alcohol use if they get into a work accident.
- Post-treatment: People may be tested for drug and alcohol use to confirm continues sobriety.
- Probation: Drug testing helps determine if someone on probation should be incarcerated.
- Sports: Protecting the welfare and integrity of amateur, collegiate, and professional athletes may require regular drug testing.
- School: Some middle and high schools may require students to randomly undergo drug testing.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
Plenty of reputable drug testing facilities can be found throughout the city of Durango for those searching for them. It is fairly easy to locate these facilities. Carefully assessing them based on helpful criteria and examining beneficial resources can guide decision-making in the right direction. The following tips can help you identify suitable drug testing centers in your area.
- Talk to your primary care physician.
- Speak with your insurance plan provider.
- Use the Google search engine to your advantage.
- Contact The Recovery Village for help.
To find drug testing facilities, Durango has plenty of hotline representatives willing to take your call and help you. In addition, our web channels are useful for making decisions. The Recovery Village is experienced in helping people conquer substance abuse problems. Our facilities provide a continuum of care, including detox and rehab programs. Group support can also be provided to you. Get started today by giving us a call!