Drug Testing Centers and Facilities in Denver, Colorado
The fight against addiction does not cease to exist once you or someone you love has completed a professional substance abuse treatment program in Denver. In fact, the rocky road of recovery is truly just beginning. Outside the structure of a rehabilitation program, it can be hard to maintain a sense of accountability to remain clean and sober.
The best way to continue a successful recovery is by building a strong support network. This network can consist of people and techniques for being present in recovery. One technique, or tool, that is a wonderful recovery resource is the utilization of Denver drug testing centers and facilities.
Denver Drug Testing Centers
Denver drug testing centers are equipped to administer a variety of tests to you or your loved one to assist in your efforts to maintain accountability and have empirical proof that no substances are being consumed. The type of test that is to be administered by the drug test center will depend on the circumstance for the test and the substance to be screened. The main types of tests performed at Denver drug testing centers are:
- Urine Drug Test: For many, this is the first type of drug test that comes to mind. This test is popular for a reason; it is minimally invasive in nature and can test for a wide variety of substances. A urine test is perfect for companies to use in their employment screening process.
- Saliva Drug Test: Another quick and minimally invasive test, a saliva test is best suited for when a person is suspected of being recently under the influence of a substance.
- Blood Drug Test: A blood test provides the most detailed information on what substances may be present in a person’s system. However, this comes at a cost. This test is more invasive than a urine or saliva test, which can prove challenging in people who are frightened of needles or non-cooperative with the testing process.
- Perspiration Drug Test: The newest addition to the drug test center arsenal, a “sweat test” requires the person being tested to wear a patch for approximately two weeks to monitor what is released through the sweat glands.
- Hair Follicle Drug Test: A piece of hair is like a storybook of substances consumed by an individual over great lengths of time. Results of this type of testing are considered a more permanent record of drug history.
In addition to your own personal reasons for using Denver drug testing centers, other common situations include:
- Legal Proceedings: Many court cases require respondents to be drug tested on a regular basis. These cases can include parole, probation, and even child support disputes.
- Employment: It is becoming more commonplace for companies to drug test applicants as part of the pre-employment procedures and may administer random drug tests during the course of employment.
- Outpatient Treatment: Some outpatient or sober living programs may require participants to prove sobriety through random or regularly scheduled drug tests.
- Sports/School: Sports associations and schools may require drug testing to ensure safety and fair play.
Finding Drug Testing Facilities Near Me
When searching for drug testing facilities, Denver has more than a few available to you. Take a few moments during your search process to consider some additional factors to help narrow down the pack and make the right decision for you. Some of the criteria to consider should include:
- Confidential: Your personal health information is just that, personal. Make sure the drug test facility you choose is known for maintaining a required standard of confidentiality with your private information and test results.
- Accurate: A false positive or mishandling of a sample can have extreme consequences in the life of the person being tested. Do not bother to use any drug testing facilities in Denver that are not known for being precise and accurate in their testing procedures.
- Quick: Speed does not always come at the sacrifice of quality, so pick a facility that offers both.
If you would like to narrow down your search even further, you can find drug testing facilities in Denver that offer the specific type of drug test, for which you are searching.
- 5-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, and opiates
- 6-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, and benzodiazepines
- 7-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates
- 8-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and methamphetamines
- 9-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, and methadone
- 10-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, and methaqualone
- 12-panel drug tests isolate marijuana/THC, amphetamines, PCP, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methamphetamines, methadone, methaqualone, propoxyphene, ecstasy, and severe opioid and opiate abuse
This can seem like a lot of information to process alone and may deter you from incorporating drug testing facilities in Denver as part of your recovery support network. Do not let this feeling keep you from the additional help you deserve. You may always confidentially reach out to The Recovery Village for any and all questions regarding recovery, Denver drug testing centers, and other recovery resources that may be available to you.