Mental Health Counselors, Facilities, and Programs in Boulder, Colorado
A mental illness or mental health disorder that is left untreated can cause as much harm to you as a physical ailment. Unfortunately, it is far too common that mental health issues are left untreated in Boulder while physical illness is addressed by qualified medical professionals the moment severe symptoms arise.
Mental illness left untreated can result in substance abuse that can exacerbate both conditions and result in a co-occurring disorder that requires dual diagnosis treatment. Do not allow yourself or someone you love to go on living a less than complete life without having help for a mental health disorder such as anxiety or depression. In Boulder, mental health hospitals, facilities, and programs are available close to home to assist you in gaining a better quality of life.
For those who are struggling with a mental illness as well as substance use disorder, mental health counseling is often included as part of a structured addiction treatment program in Boulder.
Mental Health Facilities in Boulder, Colorado
Mental health facilities in Boulder are ready to help those struggling with a mental health disorder begin to stabilize and heal through the guidance of on-site professionals. Depending on the current state of mental health and the individual need, there are different mental health facilities to provide assistance:
- Residential Mental Health Facilities: Indicative of its name, residential mental health facilities provide around-the-clock supervision for patients dealing with complex mental illnesses. Medication management and therapeutic sessions are part of this type of care.
- Inpatient Mental Health Facilities: Like residential mental health facilities, inpatient mental health facilities keep patients on location 24/7 to facilitate proper stabilization before working on therapeutic practices. Stays in inpatient mental health facilities are short-term in nature and can assist with patients who are at risk of harming others or themselves. If you or someone you know is at risk of hurting himself or herself, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255.
- Long-Term Mental Health Facilities: Extended therapeutic protocols are provided through long-term mental health facilities to teach coping mechanisms and new life skills for managing mental illness in everyday life. Typical stays in long-term care may last for a year or more, as patients learn self-sufficiency and independence within their circumstances.
Finding Mental Health Hospitals Near Me
Boulder mental health hospitals are ready to help with an extreme mental crisis or mental distress.
Mental health hospitals in Boulder are closer to home than you may even realize and have the best resources for treating an acute mental health crisis. You do not have to make this time even more difficult than it already is by not having help finding the best mental health hospital for you or your loved one. You can reach out to some of these sources for help:
- Insurance Company: Simply call or log in to your online insurance portal to find a list of all Boulder mental health hospitals that are in and out of your network of insurance coverage.
- Family Doctor: Your primary care physician can always refer you to a mental health hospital that is trusted and give medical advice based on your individual situation.
- Professionals in Mental Health: All mental health professionals want to help those suffering from any mental health condition, no matter what their specific field may be. This makes mental health professionals a wonderful resource to use to find a mental health hospital quickly.
- The Recovery Village: Our representatives are well-informed about mental health facilities in the Boulder area and are standing by to take your call.
Mental Health Programs Boulder
There are several different types of local mental health programs to help a wide range of mental health disorders. In an intensive outpatient program, mental health is maintained through deep individual and group therapy sessions and workshops. Mental health counseling programs can help with minor to severe mental health conditions by providing the guidance of a mental health professional such as a mental health counselor to work through the disorder.
If you feel as if you are struggling with a mental health disorder but do not feel as if mental health hospitals or mental health facilities are the right fit for you, do not go without addressing your mental health. Whatever severity of your mental health disorder may be, you can find help through a mental health program.
Mental Health Counselor Boulder, CO
Your mental health counselor in Boulder will be the core of your support system throughout your mental health program of treatment. You will build a bond with this individual as you continue to progress through therapy and learn more about yourself and your mental state. Finding this person should be an informed decision not made in desperation or in haste. Your mental health is important to your overall health and should only be left to licensed and experienced professionals. If you would like assistance with connecting to a mental health counselor in Boulder, you can anonymously reach out to The Recovery Village today.
Never forget that, although symptoms may not be as visible on the surface, the effects of untreated mental illness can be just as harmful as physical illness. Do not wait; reach out for help today and begin working toward a brighter tomorrow.