PLEASE REGISTER THROUGH DEMIO: https://bit.ly/August5th2022
Speaker: Dr. Bruce Bassi, MD, MS
This presentation will explore myths and misconceptions related to sleep, the importance of sleep on mental health, the impact of various illicit substances on sleep, and a general overview of treatment options for sleep with a special emphasis on cooccurring substance use disorders.
- Understand the history of sleep disorders and historical treatments.
- Determine differences between common sleep misperceptions from facts.
- Review the biological mechanisms underlying our circadian rhythm.
- Describe sleep architecture and key components in a sleep study.
- Understand how depression and antidepressants impact key components of sleep architecture.
- Describe the impact of the following substances on sleep: alcohol, opioids, cannabis, and caffeine.
- Review the principles of CBT for insomnia.
Time: 12PM - 1:30PM EST
Advanced Recovery Systems has been recognized by the National Board of Certified Counselors as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP No. 6874). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Advanced Recovery Systems is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
For questions regarding Continuing Education Events please contact Event Director, Ashley Tate at [email protected] Mailing address is: 750 Orlando Ave Suite 201, Winter Park, FL 32789