We have beds available!
PLEASE RSVP ON DEMIO: https://my.demio.com/ref/rTndWoRcBMWKuXdf?UTM_SOURCE=EVENTBRITE
Speaker: Dr. Margaret Rutherford, Ph.D.
Statistics show us the frightening reality that reports of destructive perfectionism, depression, suicide (or suicidal thoughts), and alcohol use/abuse are rising exponentially. How might they be interwoven? And what new approaches, concepts, and techniques can mental health clinicians use to effectively treat these clients who fear vulnerability and loss of control. Dr. Margaret Rutherford, author of Perfectly Hidden Depression, will lead this timely discussion.
1) Learn the pandemic’s effect on alcohol use and the most recent correlations between alcohol use, depression, and suicide.
2) Be able to identify the most effective therapeutic approach to depression when perfectionism is present and how that might lead to a much earlier revelation of substance abuse by someone struggling with perfectionism and addiction.
3) Be able to identify three major types of perfectionism studied by researchers and the distinction between destructive versus constructive perfectionism.
4) List ten characteristics of the syndrome of perfectly hidden depression and compare those characteristics to the irrational thinking patterns involved in alcoholism.
5) Define emotional sobriety, its two major forms, distractive thinking versus the much slower, more process-oriented thinking that leads to learning how to self-regulate emotions, and when each form is appropriate.
6) Be able to use the five stages of treatment for perfectly hidden depression (Consciousness, Commitment, Confrontation, Connection, and Change) as basic structure for treatment of destructive perfectionism and alcohol abuse, with recommendations for alignment with the goal of emotional sobriety.
Time: 10 AM- 11:30 AM EST
1 Credit Hour Provided
Advanced Recovery Systems has been recognized by the National Board of Certified Counselors as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP No. 6874). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Advanced Recovery Systems is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
For questions regarding Continuing Education Events please contact Senior Events and Education Coordinator, Savannah Eckstrom at [email protected]
Mailing address: 750 Orlando Ave Suite 202, Winter Park, FL 32789
How to Join Demio:
Step 1: After registering for the event, you will immediately be redirected to a page confirming you have successfully registered for the event. On this page, you have the ability to add the registration link to your calendar using the “add to my calendar” feature.
Step 2: You will receive an email from Demio containing a unique link to join the event. Please keep this link and do not share with anyone, as it only will work for one attendee.
Step 3: On the day of the event, you will be emailed a reminder that the event is starting in one hour and another email stating the event will begin in 15 minutes. Please click the “join the event” button to be directed to the platform. Demio is a web browser based platform, and can only be accessed using Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge web browsers. All other platforms are not supported.
Step 4: If you are joining the event prior to the designated start time, you will be directed to the waiting room. There you will see a timer counting down until the event start time.
Step 5: Once the event, begins you will be let into the event and immediately greeted by one of our team members. When participating in one of our events using Demio, you will not be seen on video or heard on microphone. To interact with the speaker, ask questions, or engage with other attendees, please use the chat feature on the right side of your screen.
Step 6: Enjoy the presentation! One of our team members will follow up with you after the event and provide a recording of the webinar.
If you experience audio issues during the event, be sure to use one of the supported web browser listed above. You may also need to adjust audio settings within the browser. If you are using a supported web browser and care continuing to experience audio issues, please exit the event and rejoin using the same join link you previously used. If you are using an extended monitor, you may need to unplug the monitor to resolve the issue.
Should you experience additional issues or have questions, please email [email protected], who can better assist your needs. You may also visit, https://support.brightervision.com/knowledge-base/demio-webinars-audio-video-troubleshooting/ for a step-by-step troubleshooting guide.