Eating Disorders in the Treatment Setting: The Recovery Village Ridgefield Continuing Education Event
Advanced Recovery Systems and The Recovery Village Ridgefield invites you to join us for our monthly educational and networking event.
2 Continuing Education credit hours will be awarded as accredited by NBCC.
Eating Disorders in the Treatment Setting
JASMINE CEJNA, LMHC, LPC
Jasmine is a licensed counselor specializing in the treatment of eating disorders and addiction. Her journey to find the job she loves is one less traditional. She holds undergraduate degrees in Global Business and German. After working at a Fortune 500 company for 5 years, she made the decision to follow her heart and pursue her passion. Jasmine received a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling and obtained training and clinical experience treating eating disorders, addictions, co-occurring disorders, and a variety of mental health issues for diverse populations.
In addition to providing support to her clients, Jasmine also provides education to professionals, students, and other counselors about eating disorders, Intuitive Eating, and Health At Every Size.
During this presentation, you will learn the following:
1. Understand the intersection of biology/genetics, mental health and the world in which we live as it pertains to EDs
2. Screen and assess individuals for eating disorder symptoms and provide a probable diagnosis
3. Describe the approaches of: A) intuitive eating and B) health at every size for the treatment of individuals with food and body concerns
4. Articulate the intersection of oppression, weight bias and size discrimination with regard to food and body
5. Articulate an understanding of the scope of practice within a treatment team and identify referral resources
6. Understand the difference between eating disorders and chemical dependency, and some of the complexities/differences in treating both
We can't wait to see everyone there!
**Please note: Attendees will need to contact their governing body in order to have credits applied. Priority seating is reserved for individuals receiving Continuing Education Credit.**